Chapter Eight

Demi tried to distract herself as much as possible as their wedding anniversary came around. She drove to the studio, continued working on her album and had some interview here and there. She actually didn't think about Nick that day at all. And not even the paparazzi pictures of him and his brothers as Disneyland seemed to affect her. She had other things to worry about. André had some work-related traveling to do and came back around Halloween. It was still her favorite holiday of the year and of course she couldn't let it pass without throwing a Halloween party.

Her sister Madison was so into planning everything for it that Demi barely had to do anything herself. The eighteen-year-old made sure the catering was on point, hired a DJ for the party, invited everyone...Demi could only watch from the side. She was actually really grateful that Madison agreed on helping her and ended up doing it all alone. It gave her more time to prepare her costume while still working on her album at the same time.

"You know that if you need any help, you just gotta say something." Demi chuckled as they sat in her living room and Madison crossed off her list of things she needed to do for the party.

"Shut up, I'm killing it already." the teenager smirked and looked at her big sister. "Besides that, you should take the opportunity to talk André into getting dressed up as well."

Demi smiled. André already told her he hated Halloween. He was not a big fan of putting on costumes. But she talked many of her past boyfriends into dressing up with her, she'd manage to convince him as well.

It didn't take much until André agreed. A smile, the puppy eyes and she had him wrapped around her finger. Demi squealed in excitement and told him about her costume idea. She wanted it to look like a couple from the 50s or 60s and all he'd have to wear was a pair of black pants, a white button up shirt, a black tie and black suspenders combined with a black hat. André chuckled and nodded. "That actually doesn't sound too bad. What will you be wearing?" he asked and raised his eyebrows as he smirked at her.

"I'm not gonna tell you. You gotta wait and see." Demi smirked back and kissed his lips gently.

The days passed quickly, which Demi was really happy about because she always got so impatient when it came to Halloween. She just loved it way too much.

André was getting dressed in their bedroom while Demi locked herself up in the walk-in-closet. She didn't want him to find out about what she was going to wear and as soon as the model was ready, he sat down on the bed, tapping his foot as he waited for his girlfriend.

"Are you done soon? The guests are coming in 30 minutes and the catering will be here in 10." André said and sighed, looking at his watch.

"Just a minute!" Demi yelled through the closed door and André chuckled.

As soon as the door opened, the blonde guy looked up and his lips immediately turned into a big smile. He stood up and checked her from head to toe as she walked over to him, spinning around a little. "What do you think?" she asked and bit her lower lip.

"You look fantastic!" André smiled and cupped her cheeks, kissing her lips passionately. "It was definitely worth the wait."

Demi felt her heart skipping a beat. He made her feel like a million bucks. The way he looked at her and smiled into the kiss proved to her how much he loved her. And it made her love him even more as well.

The catering guys arrived a few minutes later and Demi told them where they could prepare everything. Madison was there already, checking everything one last time so it was all perfect and working. She put a lot of effort into this party and Demi couldn't be more thankful.