• 8 •

Korean
English
_______________________________
"You. Eat!" Youngbin smiled at Chani as he began to pile on side dishes in the younger's bowl.

Chani's enormous eyes were fixed on the food presented before him. Never had he imagined in his life that he would get to have so much to eat. He had been struggling in those empty streets for as long as he could remember. He always spent his days on the side with that small cup of his, patiently waiting for the compassionate who had enough sympathy to toss in a pound or two. Normally, he would be able to buy water and some bread to eat from the local supermarket- if it was good day, he would be able to buy more than just one meal in a day.

Everyone who sat at the table cooed over the younger, as what he didn't realise was that his face was literally beaming as he scanned the food. When he looked up, he saw everyone's eyes on him and he felt embarrassed, ducking into his jumper like a turtle does to its shell. He whispered a small 'Thank you' and stuck his fork into the chicken. He bit into the meat and silently chewed on it. Jaeyoon was standing by the door of the kitchen, observing the younger's reaction. He was absolutely delighted to see such a bright smile on Chani after he swallowed the chicken.

"Do you like it?" Inseong asked.

Chani was a bit taken aback by the sudden noise as he silently ate. It took him a second to figure out what Inseong said but once he did, he gave a shy nod.

"Hey Jaeyoon! Chani here says he likes your food!" Inseong gave Jaeyoon a thumbs up- which made Jaeyoon blush a little.

The meal was enjoyable for all, with the delicious food (courtesy of chef Jaeyoon) and the craziness of uncle Dawon (who entertained everyone). Time passed fast and once everyone was as full as can be, they dispersed into their own rooms.

Youngbin, however, took Chani around the mansion, giving him a tour of all the rooms and telling him how everything works. It wasn't too hard to communicate as it only required actions and the occasional English word- which didn't trouble Youngbin as he just had problems with forming sentences and using sophisticated words when it came to the language. Chani was very fascinated with all this technology which he suddenly had access to. Youngbin also gave him personal electronics such as a mobile phone and laptop.

When it was 10 O'clock, Youngbin told Chani to get ready for bed and to sleep- to which he easily obeyed. Chani entered his new bedroom and closed the door behind him.

After the door closed, Youngbin smiled to himself and walked away, returning to his own room.

At first, Youngbin only took in the child as he believed there was some connection between them yet to find out, but after properly spending some time with the boy, he believed he would be able to completely turn Chani's life around for the better.