• 15 •

Korean
English
_______________________________
Youngbin sat in his office, working on piles of paper until the phone rang. He picked it up, already expecting the call.

"Have you found anything yet?"

"Yes sir. We found out that his original name is Kang Chani and he lived in Daejeon with his mother and father. When he was four, the family had a holiday in London but the parents lost their child and they have not found him since."

Youngbin was speechless hearing about Chani's background but he didn't think it would be right to tell him, not yet anyway.

"Sir, are you still there?"

"Yes. Thank you for your hard work." He put the phone down.

Youngbin spent the whole day working and didn't leave until late at night. When he returned home, everyone was already asleep. He silently travelled to his bedroom to do the same.

The next morning, he ate at the dining table with the rest. Chani left early for school so only the adults were at the table.

"Youngbin, the Christmas holidays are soon." Jaeyoon suddenly said. "Are you going to your father's place or is he coming over? I want to prepare the food early."

"I'll ask him to come over this Christmas." Youngbin smiled.

"Good, good."

Chani returned home, radiating joy.

"What's up with you Chani?" Laughed Youngbin.

"School finished today and now we have two weeks off! It's also going to be Christmas. Hwiyoung and Taeyang said Christmas is very fun and we get presents!" He exclaimed with glee.

"You have to buy presents for us too you know." Youngbin teased. "My father is going to come over at Christmas. I guess you could call him Dad too since your my brother, right?"

"Yeah. I can't wait to meet him!"

The family was kept very busy during the holidays, with Youngbin sorting out Christmas deals and such in the company and Chani going out with his friends. This made the Christmas Day arrive faster than expected.

Maids rushed around the house, cleaning and setting up the last few ornaments. The chefs were working hard in the kitchen, preparing an extensive several course meal.

At eight in the morning, the bell rang and Rowoon went to answer the door. It opened to reveal a short, elderly man.

"Good morning and Merry Christmas Mr. Kim." He bowed.

"Ah, hello Rowoon!" The man smiled and patted his back. "No need to be so formal." He chuckled and let himself in.