• 12 •

Korean
English
_______________________________
"Everyone listen up!" The teacher yelled whilst banging the table. The chatter from the students died almost immediately. "Today we are having a new student join us. Please come in." The teacher commanded.

Every single students' eyes trailed towards the wooden door as it slid open. Behind the door stood a boy of average height with straight black hair in his newly washed uniform. He stepped into the room, silence welcoming this new presence. He stood next to the teacher's podium.

"Please introduce yourself."

Chani was a bit nervous as he didn't want to mess up on his first day of school. He took a small breath.

"Hello everyone. My name is Kim Chani. I hope to get along with everyone." He stood there for a second. 'Bow! Bow!' His inner conscience reminded him. He gave a rushed bow in embarrassment.

"Thank you. Your seat is next to Hwiyoung. Hwiyoung please raise your hand." In the back, a boy with prominent features and blond hair raised his hand. Chani used his hand to guide himself to his allocated seat.

The blonde boy smiled at him. "Hi. I'm Kim Hwiyoung but you can call me Hwi! I hope we can be friends." He offered a handshake.

Chani accepted his warm welcome and the teacher started the lesson.

When the lesson terminated, Hwiyoung slid over to Chani's desk on his chair.

"Hey Chani, do you wanna join me and my friend for lunch? We won't bite, I promise." Hwiyoung proposed with a hearty laugh.

Chani nodded.

"Great, let's go then."

The two got up and walked out the classroom. In the dining room Hwiyoung began waving towards another blond friend.

"Hi Taeyang hyung!"

"Hi Hw- ooh who's this?" Taeyang asked.

"This is Chani. He joined today"

"Uhh. Hello, my name is Kim Chani." He bowed to Taeyang.

"Hi Chani! I'm Yoo Taeyang but you can call me Tae hyung since I'm older."

"Okay." he smiled.

The three boys conversed over lunch and Chani learned a lot about his new friends. He thought the school was also very nice and didn't have trouble fitting in- like he thought. He hasn't told anyone yet about his past life in London because he didn't think he was close enough to tell them about an experience as personally painful as that.

At the end of the day, Youngbin was waiting outside the school gates. Chani ran towards him like a five year old, beaming with glee.

"Look who's delighted to see me." Youngbin chuckled.

"No hyung. It's because I get to tell you about my fun day!" Chani retorted.

"How could you do this to your hyung." Youngbin playfully pouted. He returned to normal soon after and gave Chani a nougie.

"Ah, ah hyung! Please no!" Chani yelled.

"Come on let's go home. I'll ask Jaeyoon to make your beloved fried chicken."

"Really? Thanks hyung!"