• 21 •

While Youngbin stood still, unsure of what to do, Mrs Kang took this as an opportunity to do what she wanted. She walked up to Chani and hugged him.

"Chani! You're back! Your finally home..."

Chani didn't know what to do with this unexpected hug so he just stood there.

"Um, not to be rude, but who are you?" He asked.

She was saddened to hear that her son didn't know of her existence, but that wasn't a surprise since he was missing for so long.

"I've been looking for you for so long! I am your... mother."

Chani was shocked to hear this news thrown at him and he was completely speechless. He didn't know whether to accept this lady who claimed to be his mother.

"M-mother?"

"Yes."

"B-but how? Why now?"

"I didn't mean to show up now. I've been trying to find you since I was in London years ago. I tried my best I promis-"

"No. If you were my mother, you wouldn't have left me alone in London like that. You wouldn't return to South Korea without me. Did you think that I could have magically taken a plane back to South Korea when I was probably three or something! You should have tried harder! How could you be my mother if you tried like this? I will not accept this."

"But Chani! Listen to m-"

"Goodbye. Don't disturb me or my Hyungs ever again."

He pushed her to the front door and slammed it in her face. He breathed out a heavy sigh. He was completely emotionless in front of her but once the door closed, he burst into tears.

Youngbin rushed to his side.

"Chani. It's fine. Everything will be fine. You are a part of our family now okay? Never forget that."

Chani smiled through his tears and nodded.

"Forget your past Chani. You are doing so well now and it can only get better."

End