• 20 •

"Come... in..." he choked.

The lady entered the house with her intimidating posture and placed herself on the single armed sofa.

"Why are you here... after so many years?" Youngbin asked. "I thought you wouldn't come back after you divorced dad."

"Well. There's someone I've recently seen on tv and he is special to me. I was wondering if you could help me?" She spoke as if there was no tension between them.

Although he hated her, he couldn't be so rude to his biological mother, no, he didn't have the right to. With hesitation, he answered.

"Who... who is it?"

"A boy. His name is Kang Chani. From what I remember, he recently debuted in a group called SF9."

Youngbin's attention became sharper upon hearing his little brother's name.

"What do you want with Chani!" He suddenly shouted.

"Oh. So you know Chani?"

"Leave him alone, I tell you now!"

"Why would I when he's my son."

Youngbin felt like the world stopped when he heard that. That meant if he was her son, then Chani and him were half brothers. Chani was the son of the man his mom divorced his father for. He was in a state of confusion. It was as his life reached a difficult dilemma.

"S-s-son?" He stuttered.

"Yes. My son. I lost him when I went to London many years ago. I've only recently managed to see his precious face again."

"You don't deserve to have a child like him. What kind of mother loses her son like that!"

"You don't know how I've struggled all these years with out my child!"

"Your child! What about me! I was your child too!" Youngbin suddenly cried.
"You know what? It doesn't matter. I am Chani's guardian now. He is my little brother and a Kim. Not a Kang."

"You can't do that!"

"I already have."

They heard the house door open and their heads turned. A boy walked in.

"Hyung! I'm ho...me." Chani paused as he looked at the lady in the room.

"Uh... hello. I am Kim Chani."