• 16 •

The man walked into the living room and sat on one of the sofas. Youngbin came downstairs and hugged his father straight away.

"Hi Dad! It's been a long time since I've seen you. How have you been?"

"I've been fine Youngbin. Nothing much going on back home."

"You should come visit me more often! I'll always make time for you. Oh, I'd like you to meet someone. I adopted him so he is my brother. I guess you could say he's your son." Laughed Youngbin. He told Chani to come and introduce himself and he happily greeted Mr Kim. However, the man was shocked to see a very familiar face. He was speechless and just started at Chani emotionlessly.

"Dad?" Youngbin asked.

He snapped out of his trance and put himself together.

"Ah yes. It's nice to meet you Chani. Feel free to call me Dad. After all, we're family." He smiled.

The family caught up on life while the kitchen was quickly preparing the meal. Not long after, Rowoon came in to call them for dinner.

Everyone sat along a long table and filled their stomachs with a range of different dishes from the chefs. There was a traditional Western turkey but also their traditional homely Korean food. For dessert, they had a plate with many little desserts, so they could try a bit of everything.

Once the food was eaten, everyone gathered around the Christmas tree in the living room. The family members passed out presents and Chani received quite a few lovely gifts from everyone. Youngbin spoilt him like a big brother does and brought him the newest FIFA game for his Xbox. To Youngbin's surprise, Chani actually brought gifts, even though he was only joking about it to the child previously. He was given a beautiful Parker pen with his name engraved on it. He was so thankful for the gift as he would always be able to use it in the office and see it.

Throughout the whole night, one man stayed very quiet, unlike his usual self. Mr Kim was wondering how and where Chani came from. This puzzled him all night, but he kept his thoughts to himself.

When it reached midnight, Youngbin told Chani to sleep and he listened to his brother.

Once he left, Mr Kim finally spoke up.

"Youngbin can I talk to you for a moment?"

Youngbin was taken aback from the sudden sentence but he said yes anyway.

"Where did you find Chani?"

"Oh. I saw him in the streets of London. He was a homeless orphan and he saved Inseong and I when we were in danger."

"I see..." His father trailed off in thought.

"Why is there something wrong?"

"No, no. Just curious. Let's get back to the others." He quickly changed the topic.

Youngbin and his father re-entered the room and continued celebrating with the others, drinking wine and such, enjoying their night.