Notice Me

Chapter 1

"Dinner everyone!" DJ yelled from downstairs.

I sighed. "Come on Lola we'll have to finish practicing our dance later."

Lola shrugged her shoulders and followed me downstairs where everyone was waiting at the table... except Jackson. Where was he?

"Where's Jackson?" DJ asked, voicing my thoughts. In perfect timing Jackson jumped into the room, dorky grin on his face. Of course, he was trying to make another dramatic entrance for Lola.

"Oh, hey Lola," he said, not at all casually. I rolled my eyes. He was always trying to get Lola to notice him and I couldn't believe it, but sometimes it actually kinda worked. For a while it didn't bother me at all. I just wondered if "Action Jackson" would ever stop being a dolt. But now... it kinda did bother me. As much as I hate to admit it, I had started to develop a major crush on the weirdo I now lived with.

Lola glanced at me, but there really wasn't anything I could do. She was so confusing. She went from liking him to not liking him to liking him to not liking him. I didn't really know what to think, except for that I hoped she stayed in the not liking him stage. Jackson wasn't gonna let up though. He was crazy for Lola... and he would never notice little me, a lunatic Gibbler. And I mean, he had even said I was sort of like his sister.

"All right Jackson, come eat," DJ said pulling me out of my thoughts. He sighed, sitting down and giving up, for now, on wowing Lola.

***

After dinner Lola and I went back up to my room and were practicing our dance when she stopped the music suddenly. "What was that for?!" I asked confused.

She crossed her arms. "Are you even paying attention to yourself?"

I frowned guiltily. Maybe I was still a tiny bit focused on Jackson never liking me and maybe I wasn't dancing quite as good as I normally did. "I'm sorry Lola I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"What's wrong? Oh no... it's not another hippo incident is it? Ramona why didn't you tell me!" she cried dramatically rushing toward me.

"Jeez Lola calm down. Popko didn't post another stupid video."

"Oh," she stopped arms outstretched and looking confused before dropping them to her sides, "then what's bothering you?"

"Umm..." I searched my brain for something to tell her. There was no way I could tell her about Jackson. She would freak. "I just..."

A phone beeping thankfully cut me off. "Ugh, that's me. My mom's making me come home. I guess I'll see you later?"

"Yeah see yah." She left the room and I let out a relieved sigh. I flopped on my bed and grabbed my diary. I had to get this out somehow and there wasn't anyone I could tell.

I don't think I can stand to watch Jackson flirt with Lola anymore. Ever since he stood up for me when Popko posted that hippo video I've liked him more and more. He might not be perfect but he's sweet and kinda cute and actually funny sometimes. He tries so hard for Lola, but... will he ever notice me?

Maybe if I never moved here... no. I'm glad I moved here. If I hadn't I would never have gotten to experience living in a big family and I never would've been as close with DJ, Stephanie, Tommy, Jackson, and even Max. I love it here... but I don't know if Jackson loves having me here ---

Suddenly the door was flung open and Max walked in sulkily. "Ramona, Jackson has Popko over and he kicked me out of his room. I was going to just read but there isn't a quiet room in this house! So, I decided to come see what you're doing because everyone else is busy," he said matter of factly.

"But... I'm busy too Max. I don't have time to play right now!"

"You're busy? Ooh is that a diary?" Max said hopping up beside me. I shut my diary and tossed it in the drawer beside my bed just in time... or so I thought. "Hey! Why was my name in there?" Max inquired.

I sighed with relief. He hadn't seen anything about Jackson. "I was just writing about how much I love living here with all of you," I said sweetly. "Now scram Max I actually have some things to do."

Max frowned, but left the room. I picked my diary back up.

The thing that bugs me the most is that he said I was kinda like his sister. If only I hadn't have wasted my first kiss on Popko... and my second kiss... and my New Years kiss... I wish it could've been Jackson. But I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

~Ramona~

I shut my diary and put it back where no one could find it before going downstairs to get some ice cream because hey I deserved it. My mom was sitting in the kitchen talking to DJ about something, but when I came down she stopped and turned towards me. "Hey Ramona. Deej and I have been noticing that you're acting a little weird. Is something going on?"

Oh great. Was everyone going to notice me but Jackson? "Nothing's wrong Mom," I said as if it should be obvious. My mom made a disbelieving face, then turned back to DJ. Probably talking about me. I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore them, getting my ice cream. But, as I sat eating it I heard one word that caught my attention: Lola. Why would they be talking about Lola?

This is my first fanfic ahhhh! I'm so excited to write this. Jamona is one of my favorite ships I just think it's so cute. I really hope you guys like this fanfic. This first chapter was pretty long for me I'm proud of myself. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Thank you 😊