Maybe I Could Get Used To This

(Ramona's POV)

It had been about two weeks since my mom and I moved into the new house and my room was finished. I had decided to sell my old furniture and get new stuff for a new house. It just didn't feel right to put my old things in this room. I had left it turquoise, but painted a light grey accent wall where I had hung tons of pictures of my memories from living with the Fullers. The window seat now housed a silver and turquoise sequin pillow as well as a plain grey fluffy pillow. My bedspread was grey with white stripes at the bottom and I had replaced my pink plush chair with a white one. If I was being honest it actually looked pretty nice.

When I wasn't at school or with Jackson i spent most of my time in that room. I probably hadn't even explored all of the rooms in the house since it was definitely too big for just two people to live in. It didn't really seem important to me to know every corner of the house since I spent so much time in my room writing in my journal or texting Jackson. He seemed like he was doing okay with our new arrangement. The way he explained it, he thought it was kind of fun to live in different houses since we were dating. He could come pick me up and we could go places and make plans like normal couples.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same way. We weren't a normal couple and I didn't want to be a normal couple. I liked being sporadic and doing things whenever we wanted to. It was easy when I could just walk across the hall and ask him to hang out. Now we had to plan ahead and clear our schedules and make a big deal out of special dates when I really just wanted to hang out like we used to do.

I know Max missed me and my papa was having a really hard time living anywhere but next door to me. He showed up at our house a lot and I think my mom was actually considering having him move in. It would be like it used to be before we moved in with the Fullers, only better, because Papa was different now. At least, that's what my mom said. I looked over at my phone to see if Jackson had answered my text yet. I sighed, realizing that he hadn't. He was probably at football practice or something. I picked up my journal and began to write.

(Jackson's POV)

I got a quick drink of water and snuck a look at my phone while my football coach wasn't looking. I saw that Ramona had texted me and all I wanted was to text her back, but our coach called us back right at that moment. Luckily I only had about 15 minutes left of practice. I hadn't been doing very well lately and I thought it might be because I was thrown off my routine since Ramona moved.

I always told her I was fine with it and convinced her that it was fun. I knew she was having a really rough time with the new house, so I had to make it easier any way that I could. Truth be told though, I wasn't loving it too much either. I really missed her and our last minute plans.

I wasn't the only one who missed her either; Max was really upset about it and Fernando was even more needy than usual, although he didn't come over as often since he was at the new house a lot. My mom was really missing Kimmy too, of course, and she didn't like seeing Ramona and I apart since, clearly, neither of us liked it. 

"Jackson, what's going on with you lately?" my coach asked, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. What do you mean?" I replied.

"I've just noticed you've been a little tired or off or something. You've gotta focus. We have a game coming up."

"Yes Coach." He slapped me on the back and announced that practice was over. I sighed with relief and rushed over to grab my phone.

(Ramona's POV)

I'm really glad that Jackson's doing ok, but I've definitely been better. It's not like we're even very far apart, but I miss my family. I grew to become really close with the Fullers and everyone else while I was living with them. I'm honestly still surprised that my mom made a real decision and moved away from her She Wolf Pack. I'm also surprised that it's lasted this long. This move might be forever. Crossing my fingers that it's not, but I guess life isn't perfect.

My phone buzzed suddenly and I jumped, startled. I picked it up, shutting my journal and setting it on my nightstand.

Jackson:
Hey! I just got off football practice. Wanna do something?

Ramona:
Yeah sure :) pick me up?

Jackson:
Be there in 20 ;)

I set down my phone and smiled. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Maybe I could get used to this after all...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's kind of sad but things will get better I promise ;) much love and hopefully another update soon!

The_Lovely_Libra

❤️