It Doesn't Matter

(Ramona's POV)

"The note. It was from you wasn't it?" Jackson asked excitedly. I had no idea what he was talking about. I told him just that and he gave me a confused look. "Wait... so... someone else likes me?" he asked.

"I don't know. I guess so," I said. I wanted to know who it was. I didn't want to admit it, but I did feel just slightly jealous. What if Jackson liked this other girl better than me and then I was in the same position I used to be in, liking Jackson without the hope of him liking me back? I had just had my dream come true and now it could be on the verge of crashing.

"Maybe Lola wrote it after she found out you liked me," Jackson offered. A smidge of hope sparked inside of me and I got my phone out to text her. "I mean, I asked her about it after I got it to see if she knew who it was from, and she said she had no idea, but she could've been lying. She seemed a little suspicious."

The hope dwindled a little. Lola had known about the note and not told me or asked me about it? I tried to shake it off. After all, I hadn't even told her I liked Jackson. I texted her about it and she replied quickly.

Jackson asked me about that too. I honestly have no idea who it's from if it's not from you.

"Yeah, Lola has no idea." We sat, pondering the idea for awhile and then we went home. I had no idea who the note could be from, since it wasn't me or Lola, and Tessa had broken up with him for someone else so it wouldn't be her. Whoever it was, I hoped it wouldn't interfere too much with my newfound relationship with Jackson.

***

(Jackson's POV)

After my date with Ramona, I went up to my room. I was majorly confused by the secret admirer note I had gotten a while ago. It had seemed certain to me that it was from Ramona, but she had denied the fact. I had no idea who it could have been from if it wasn't her or Lola.

I pulled the note out of the drawer by my bed to look at it again. Who else could have a crush on me? I could think of literally no one. Anyways, it really didn't matter, because I hadn't gotten anything else like it and I was with Ramona now, which was what I wanted. I tossed the note in the small garbage can by my bed and went back downstairs to eat dinner. I had agreed with Ramona that we should tell everyone we were dating while we were all sitting at the table. I was a little nervous. It felt weird telling both of our families that I was dating a girl who lived in my house.

I was kind of glad that a lot of them already knew. It took some of the pressure of. I walked into the kitchen and went over to the table where Ramona, Max, Tommy, Kimmy, and Fernando were already sitting. Soon after, Matt, Steph, Jimmy, and DJ came over, bringing the food. I took a deep breath and looked at Ramona. She nodded. I opened my mouth and said casually. "Yeah so Ramona and I are dating now, just thought you'd all like to know."

Fernando dropped his fork and look at us wide eyed. "My baby Ramona has a little boyfriend! And her little boyfriend is Jackson?!" he said happily in his strong accent. I glanced at Ramona and saw her blushing.

"Holy chalupas!" Max yelled. I rolled my eyes. My little bro could be very dramatic at times. Or all of the time.

"It's not a big deal Papa," she said shyly. I didn't say anything. I agreed with Ramona. I didn't want to make it a big deal and have everyone lose their minds over it. Unfortunately, our relationship seemed to be the talk of the table all throughout dinner. I stared at my plate, eating quietly, listening to everyone babble on and on about the 'exciting news'.

Finally I was able to escape the table and go back up the stairs. I vaguely noticed someone following me up, but I was too lost in thought to turn around and see who it was. When I got to the top of the stairs and was about to turn into my room, I realized it was Ramona. "They seem excited," she said.

"Yeah. Uh I forgot to tell you I had a lot of fun on our date today," I said.

She smiled. "Me too. I hope we can do it again soon?"

"Definitely." I stood there awkwardly for a couple seconds before smiling at her and walking into my room. I saw her turn and walk into her own room, shutting the door behind her. I sighed. It had been so much easier than I had expected to tell her that I liked her. I still almost couldn't believe she liked me back. "Well Action Jackson, you never seize to amaze me," I said to myself.

I stayed up for a couple more hours playing on my phone and planning dates. I finally turned off my light and went to bed. It wasn't long before I drifted off into sleep. I didn't dream that night, and before I knew it, it was morning.

Omg guys! 2k reads!!! This is craziness! I actually can't believe we've gotten to that many views, thank you all so much for the support on my first fanfic I love you all so much! Here's a shoutout to some of the people who read and vote on this story. You guys are awesome!

leah_ann
A_Little_Gem
Itzlukem
babybirdman3
Simply_BBratayley88
cortcon01
Nyah879

I am aware there are many other people who read this story and I'm so sorry if I missed you in the shoutouts, but those people have voted on all or almost all of my chapters and I really appreciate it! I appreciate everyone who reads this thank you again so much! 😘