THE Date

*Ramona's POV*

It seemed like it took forever, but finally Friday rolled around. I woke up when my alarm for school went off and glanced over at my phone to look at my notifications. There were a few from various social medias, a text from Lola, and a reminder. Both the text and the reminder caught my attention at the same time and I leaped out of my bed.

Lola:
Oh my god your date is today!

Reminder:
Date w/ Jackson!!!

I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding and I tried to keep my calm as I went downstairs to eat breakfast. DJ and my mom were in the kitchen with breakfast ready for everyone like they always were. "Good morning Ramona! Wants some pancakes?" DJ asked.

"Yeah thanks," I replied. I flopped some pancakes on a plate and ate them quickly oblivious of my surroundings. I took my lunch bag from Mom, which contained money instead of lunch everyday, and ran upstairs to get dressed. I would probably change before the date, but I wanted to look cute anyways, so I put on a grey shirt with two black stripes on each arm, some white skinny jeans with holes in the knees, and white adidas with black stripes on the side.

I curled my hair and put on mascara and blush and then I looked in the mirror. I looked pretty cute. I wondered if Jackson would think I looked cute. Stop that, I thought to myself. I didn't want to be one of those boy crazy psychopaths who did everything to impress her crush. I grabbed my backpack and went to school.

The day went by with immense slowness, but finally I was in my last class. I had history with Lola. "Are you ready for this?" Lola whispered. The teacher was giving a lecture, but I wasn't really listening. I immediately knew what she meant. The date with Jackson.

"I don't know," I whispered back.

"I'm sure it'll go great."

"I hope so." I scooted forward in my seat and put my elbows on my desk. I looked at the clock. 2 minutes until the bell would ring. The hands ticked by excruciatingly slow, but finally I heard the bell. Ringgg.

I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the classroom. Lola ran after me. "Ramona slow down! We still have a couple hours before your date," she said.

I forced myself to walk. Lola was going to come over and help me decide what to wear and fantasize about what would happen on this date. I really hoped I hadn't misheard Jackson's conversation with DJ because I had gotten my hopes up that he liked me back and it would be really disappointing to find out that he didn't.

After about an hour of contemplating, Lola and I had an outfit picked out. We were going to dinner for the date, so I wanted to look really nice. I slipped on a white off the shoulder shirt with light blue flowers over a lacy, blue bralette. I switched my white pants to light colored jeans and some strappy, dark blue heels. I thought I looked really cute and my outfit was on point. Someone knocked on the door. "Yeah?" I called.

"We should probably get going in a couple minutes," Jackson's voice said through the door.

"Ok!" I grabbed my purse and caught one more look at myself in the mirror. I was ready. I hugged Lola and thanked her and then we both walked downstairs, so Lola could go home and I could go on my date. Tessa and Tyler were already there when we walked down.

"You look nice," Jackson said. I blushed. I smiled at Tessa and Tyler and said hi and then we all went out the door and too the restaurant.

"I'm really glad you're being so cool about this Jackson. I was afraid I'd hurt your feelings when I broke up with you and you wouldn't want to be friends," Tessa said.

"No it's fine. Of course I want to be friends," he smiled.

"Ramona you look amazing!" she said, turning to me.

"Thanks! So do you Tessa," I said. Tyler seemed shy because he didn't say much as we continued our small talking throughout the meal. Jackson and Tessa talked a lot. In fact, they did most of the talking, and it kind of started to make me jealous, but I stayed calm and kept the conversation I had heard between Jackson and DJ in my mind. This would all end okay. I just had to get through this date. We payed for the meal and said our goodbyes and finally went home. I was anticipating Jackson confessing his feelings for me, but I didn't know when it would happen.

We walked in the front door and talked to Deej, Steph, and Mom for awhile and then they went to the kitchen and Jackson went to go upstairs. I heart fell a little. I decided to say something before he left. "Um... I had fun," I said.

He blushed and I got excited. Maybe I would finally hear the words I was hoping for. "Uh yeah... me too. I don't think um Tessa is gonna get jealous and stuff though. Oh well. I'll just like find a new girlfriend. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for going though," he said. He turned slowly, awkwardly, and walked up the stairs. I looked around not knowing what to do. That wasn't quite what I had expected. Maybe I hadn't heard what I had thought...