The Truth

"So," Lola said raising her eyebrows, "finally gonna tell me what's going on or is this just going to be another lie?"

"Lola I promise. This is the real reason I've been acting weird. I don't want to keep it from you anymore." I took a deep breath.

Lola started to look less hurt and more curious. "Ok," She said walking over and sitting on the couch. I sat beside her.

"Ok. So... I kind of maybe sort of like Jackson," I pushed out all in one breath.

Lola's jaw dropped. "Ok that's the truth because you wouldn't lie about that. How long have you liked him?!"

"Shh. I don't know awhile I guess. I just didn't tell you because at first the two of you were kind of a thing and then I wasn't sure what you would think of me liking the guy you used to kind of like," I shrugged.

"But You and Jackson would be so cute together! Ramona you have to tell him!"

"No! No. I'm not gonna tell him. I thought about it, but he's with Tessa now and I just can't. It's not like he'll like me back, so I just need to get over it."

"Ramona. You're better than Tessa. You're way nicer and smarter and prettier. You'll never know if you have a chance with him if you don't try. I'm sure he likes you back. And if he doesn't then you'll know and have it over with."

"But you don't understand Lola. I live with him. If he doesn't feel the same way my whole life will be awkward."

Lola gave me a pitying look. I was in quite the predicament. But, I had made up my mind, Jackson would never know I liked him.

(Jackson's POV)

I was laying on my bed playing on my phone and I thought I heard someone walking past my room, but the footsteps were really quiet. I glanced up at my door, which was closed because I had siblings who I didn't want to be bothered by (@Max). I frowned. There was a piece of paper on the floor. It looked like maybe someone had slid it underneath the door into my room.

I sat up and slid off my bed, walking over to the paper. It was a sheet of lined paper, folded in half. I unfolded it and it was a letter. I didn't recognize the handwriting, but it said something strange.

You have a secret admirer. Notice her.

~anonymous~

I looked up at the door, confused. I opened it and looked out; no one was there. Who would've slipped the note in? I knew Ramona's handwriting, so it couldn't have been her, but it was nice, so it must've been a girl's. The only girl who would've been in our house who's handwriting I didn't know was... Lola. A secret admirer? But, Lola had said she didn't like me like that anymore. Could she have changed her mind?

I glanced at the phone in my hand. I clicked on messages and went to Lola's name. I almost texted her, but I stopped myself. The note didn't make sense. I always payed attention to Lola and tried to impress her, but the note had said "notice her". I couldn't think of anyone else who could've written the note but, I couldn't think of any way I could notice Lola more. And the note had said "her" not "me". Maybe I was thinking too much into it. I typed a text message.

Hey Lola can you come over? I need to ask you something.

I clicked send. Now I just had to wait. I didn't have to wait long, though. I was expecting it to take at least a couple of minutes, but she replied almost right away.

I was actually just leaving your house, but I can come back.

She seemed too eager to come back and talk to me. Something was definitely going on and she had definitely been here when the note was slipped under the door. I sent a quick reply.

Oh cool I'm just in my room.

She said she was on her way up and while I was waiting I looked at the note again. It couldn't have been from anyone else could it? Lola walked in the room, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey. What'd you need? I gotta get home," she said. She sounded like she was excited about something. Or nervous.

I decided I'd just straight up show her the note. "I got this weird note. Do you know anything about it?"

"Ooh a secret admirer. Can't say I know who it is. Sorry."

She seemed suspicious. Somehow I'd get it out of her. I didn't know how, but I would.

"Weird. Im not sure who could've slipped it to me. I don't recognize the handwriting, but not many girls have been in the house today. Anyways, I was just wondering, you can go home now if you need to."

"I do need to get home. Sorry I couldn't help," she said shrugging and leaving the room. She was acting weird. And Ramona had been acting weird lately too. Maybe she knew something about it. But she probably didn't. Plus, it seemed weird to ask her about a secret admirer for some reason. She seemed uncomfortable when I talked about Tessa or dating. Oh well. Somehow I'd figure this out.

Ohhhhh guys I got another chapter done yay! Do you think Lola wrote the note? What do you think is gonna happen?? Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! And thank you so so much to everyone who has voted, commented, and added this story to their reading list it means so much to me because this is my first fanfic and I wasn't sure how it would be. So thank you thank you!