Dates

"So are you ready for this date Ramona?" Popko asked. "I know it's probably a little overwhelming considering you're going with mwah." He smirked. He was so arrogant.

"Popko I said I'd give you a chance. Don't ruin it before we even walk out the door."

"Ok, ok." He walked to the door and opened it for me. I was glad we were just going to the movies so I wouldn't have to do much talking. I walked past him and he smirked at me again. Why was I stupid enough to go along with this?

We got to the movies and bought our tickets and popcorn, then went into the theatre. After we sat down I looked at my watch. Good. The movie was about to start. I focused as much on the movie as possible so I wouldn't have to pay attention to Popko, but around the middle of the movie he decided to put his arm around me. I shifted slightly, uncomfortable. He didn't take the hint and left his arm there the whole rest of the movie. When the movie was over I got up as fast as I could and started walking out. "Well that was a good movie! I enjoyed it. See you later," I said quickly and slightly too cheerily.

"Ramona," Popko said, grabbing my wrist. "What's going on with you."

Great, I thought. Now even Popko was wondering what was up with me. I decided I couldn't let myself keep dating Popko. It was awful and I couldn't do it just because I wanted to get over Jackson. "I'm sorry Popko, but I just don't think this is gonna work out. I can't go out with you. I was going to give it a try, but I just don't like you that way. I'm sorry."

"Oh."

I felt awful. But I shouldn't right? Popko was a player and he'd find another girlfriend in the snap of a finger. He wasn't used to being rejected, but I had rejected him plenty of times so he would get used to it. "I'm sorry," I said again. I walked out of the movie theatre and went home.

When I walked in the door Jackson was in the living room with Tessa. I had forgotten his date was today. Why did I have the worst luck? The last thing I wanted to see right now was Jackson and Tessa together in our living room. I stood there for a second before I realized that I was glaring at Tessa. Thankfully she wasn't looking in my direction. I crossed my arms and stalked up the stairs. I sat on my bed and looked at the floor.

After awhile someone walked in. I looked up and it was Jackson. "Hey Ramona," he said.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked, a little rudely. Then I felt bad, but I had already said it.

"Sorry. I just wanted to ask you something."

"What'd you want to ask?" I got slightly hopeful, but I should know better. I buried the hope and prepared myself for his question.

"I wanna go out with Tessa again, but what should I do. What do girls like to do on dates?"

I stared at him. He had no idea what he was doing. He had no idea that I liked him and he was asking me for advice on how to date another girl.

"Ramona?" he asked.

I realized I still hadn't answered his question... and I was frowning at him.

"Just do whatever you want. It's not that big of a deal," I could hear myself being a jerk, but I couldn't help it. I was tired of him not noticing me when I was write in front of him. I mean, it was kind of my fault since I wouldn't tell him how I felt, but everything was going downhill lately and I was just in a bad mood. Jackson raised his eyebrows at me.

"What's up with you?" he asked. Clearly, I was being a lot more prickly than usual.

"Sorry," I sighed. "Just... going out with Popko was not my best idea. If you want Tessa to have a good time just, I don't know, go to the movies or something. I'm not very good at giving advice, so I don't know why you're asking me."

"Yeah I thought the whole Popko thing was a little weird. But, I guess I'll just take Tessa to the movies. Thanks." He walked out before I could say anything else. This was a disaster. I needed to either tell him how I felt or get over him. It was time to make a decision. But first, I needed to fix my friendship with Lola. She could probably help me make a decision and she was my best friend, so why shouldn't I just tell her? I picked up my phone and texted her.

Me:
I'm really sorry Lola. I guess I have been acting weird and you're my best friend so I should tell you why. Can you come over?

I waited for a couple minutes and she finally replied that she could come over. She would be expecting a good explanation. I had to tell her the truth not just another lie to distract her. She deserved to know. I walked down the stairs right as there was a knock on the door. "It's always open!" I called. Lola walked in the door.

I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than usual and it took me forever to get it done😩 I've been sooo busy and now school is starting soon so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update but I'll try to update as much as I can! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. Don't give up on me I will update as much as I can!