Lola

The next morning it was Saturday, so I didn't get up until 10 o'clock. I got up, ate breakfast, and then decided to just keep on my turtle pajamas. I went and sat on the couch to watch some tv when there was a knock on the door. "It's always open!" I called.

The door opened to Popko. Yay me. He was probably just here to hang out with Jackson. I honestly couldn't believe they were still friends after the whole Poopko incident. "Sup Ramona," he said cockily. I rolled my eyes. He did that thing with his hat that was supposed to impress me. He still had the same hat that he always did.
"So you still wanna pass on a date with me? Cause I'll give you one more chance. You're lucky I don't normally do this." He winked.

"Don't make me gag. I told you I'm not going on a date with you Popko." I said it slowly so that it might sink in. I doubted it, but it was worth a shot.

"Wow rejected again. Will I ever get my thing back?" he said to himself. Right at that moment Jackson walked down the stairs.

"Dude just leave Ramona alone. She's not gonna go out with you," he said, shaking his head. They went up the stairs chatting away. Sometimes they were so weird. But I mean Jackson was cute when he was weird. Popko was just weird.

***

After lunch I finally got dressed in a loose, plaid, button up t-shirt half tucked into some shorts. I didn't really have anything to do, so I went downstairs to see what everyone else was up to. I walked into the kitchen. "Ahh!" I said disgusted. My mom and dad were kissing quite passionately by the table. I had some weird parents. They stopped when they heard me but I was scarred for life. As I started to turn around to leave the room I saw my mom shrug and start kissing my dad again. Ew.

Jackson was sitting on the couch playing some video game. I didn't know where everyone else was. I sighed walking past him. "Hey!" he yelled.

"What?"

"Aw you just made me lose," he whined. I rolled my eyes.

"And I bet you totally would've won if I hadn't walked by," I said sarcastically.

"Maybe I would've. Oh well it's fine I don't feel like playing anymore anyways." I went and plopped on the couch by him putting my chin in my hands and my elbows on my knees. I could feel Jackson looking at me so I glanced over at him.

"Is something wrong?" he said awkwardly.

"No. I'm just bored. And I also just saw my parents making out in the kitchen," I said sitting up. Jackson made a face of total disgust.

"Well... uh... I guess if you're bored we can do something," he said. He seemed very uncomfortable. We still didn't usually hang out that often despite the fact that we lived in the same house.

"No that's ok I'll just call Lola," I said. He gave a sigh, obviously relieved. I should've agreed to do something. I mean I liked Jackson right? Right. So I should take any chance I could get to hang out with him. But no. I wasn't thinking. I'd have to take the next chance if there was one. I doubted Jackson wanted to hang out with me at all.

A few minutes later Lola walked in the door. "Lola," Jackson said.

"Listen Jackson. I told you. It worked for a while, but I'm over you. It's not gonna happen between us," Lola replied. Wow she actually went for it. I looked over at Jackson and he looked sort of upset. He definitely hadn't given up on here and she had just shot him down completely.

"Um... let's go Lola," I said, trying to get out of the situation. Lola shrugged and we walked out the door. We had decided to head to the mall. I needed something new to wear anyways. "Don't you think you were kinda hard on him?" I asked Lola. She shrugged again. Okay, so she didn't even care about hurting Jackson. That kind of upset me and I couldn't figure out why. I didn't want her to like him. I wanted him to like me.

I shook it off, paying attention to shopping. I ended up getting a knee length,cold shoulder, yellow dress with straps that crossed in the back, and a thin, brown belt for the waist and a hooded, black tank top. Lola went back to her house from the mall, so when I got home I was by myself.

I walked in the door and Jackson was still sitting on the couch. "You ok?" I asked sitting down by him.

"Hm? Oh yeah," he said seeming distracted.

"Sorry about Lola."

He shrugged. "I just thought that maybe someday it'd work. I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up." We sat in silence for a few minutes. I didn't know what to do. Was I supposed to do something? I was about to get up from the couch when Jackson looked over at me.

"I need something to get my mind off Lola. I need a girlfriend," he said decidedly. "Do you think you could help me?" he asked.

Oh my gosh. He was asking me to help him get a girlfriend! But I couldn't say me. I couldn't help him get a girlfriend that wasn't me! What was I going to do?