Perfectly Imperfect (The End)

(Ramona's POV)

"You haven't told Ramona?" I heard DJ's voice as Jackson and I walked through the front door after our date. I glanced at Jackson, raising my eyebrows, and he shrugged, looking just as confused as I felt.

"No. I actually just decided after she left for her date with Jackson," my mom's voice replied. I looked back toward the kitchen where the voices seemed to be coming from. What was my mom doing here?

"Well I'm sure she'll be excited! I know Jackson will. He's really missed her since the two of you moved out. It's been hard after getting so used to being across the hall from each other you know?" DJ replied. I looked over at Jackson and he was blushing. I smiled, happy to hear that I wasn't the only one upset about our new arrangement, only to scrunch my eyebrows together again as I replayed DJ's words in my head. What would I be excited about? I tried not to get my hopes up as I started toward the kitchen.

Jackson and I pushed through the kitchen door to see my mom, DJ, and Stephanie all sitting at the kitchen table smiling excitedly. "Jackson!" DJ yelled.

At the same time, my mom yelled, "Ramona!"

"Uhhh... hey. What's going on?" I asked, confused.

"I have some good news," my mom smiled in anticipation, "you and I are moving back in with the Fullers!"

I felt my face light up and looked at Jackson to see that he was grinning too. "Really?!" I squealed.

"Really."

I ran to the table and hugged my mom, then hugged DJ and Steph. I ran back to Jackson and threw my arms around him. He squeezed me back even tighter and kissed the top of my head. "I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you too Jackson." I let the news sink in and then turned to my mom. "What made you decide to move back here?" I asked.

"Well... every time you suggested just having your dad move in at the new house I just couldn't picture it. I didn't realize why at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how unhappy you were... I realized that I was unhappy too. I couldn't picture the three of us living in that house because it wasn't our home. I missed you all too much to be so far away from you." My mom replied, smiling at everyone.

"You were only a few streets away!" Steph said, a little exasperated, but I knew she loved my mom even if she pretended she didn't sometimes. I smiled at Steph and she winked and smiled back st me. "Good to have you back kid," she said.

"It's good to be back... well I guess we should go get our stuff and put that house up for sale..." I said reluctantly. I looked over at Jackson, not really wanting to leave so soon after just getting there.

My mom smiled at me knowingly. "I'll head back and start making some calls. You can just hang out here and if I need you I'll call you." She waved at everyone and headed out the door. I couldn't stop smiling as the thought of moving back in became more and more real. I had never thought my mom would follow through with moving out and even after she did I kept hoping she would change her mind. Even so I had begun to lose hope. I thought we were stuck in that house and I'd never live with my whole crazy family again.

I could hardly contain my excitement as Jackson grabbed my hand and dragged me out to the living room. We plopped on the couch and cuddled up, just happy to be close to each other. Everything was going just fine. I would be just fine. I was with my family and I was finally, finally with Jackson. How could I be so lucky for everything to turn out so undeniably great? Well... I wasn't complaining. I cuddled up closer to Jackson and closed my eyes, happy with my perfectly imperfect life.

So guys... I've decided to end this story here! I hope you enjoyed the journey and if you want a sequel or anything like that I might consider writing one :) please leave a comment, vote, and follow me if you liked this story!

❤️

The_Lovely_Libra