A Plan

*Ramona's POV*

For some reason right after Lola had left the house, Jackson had texted her and she came back and talked to him for a couple minutes. I couldn't figure out what they could've been talking about. I was standing in the living room, arms crossed, trying to come up with an idea, when Jackson walked down the stairs. "What were you talking to Lola about?" I asked casually. It's not like it bothered me that he was talking to her or anything. Not at all. I was just curious.

"What? Oh nothing," he said, brushing it off. He seemed a little antsy for some reason. I frowned at him. He looked behind him and then looked back at me. "What are you glaring at?"

"Im not glaring," I said. I fixed my expression.

"Ok," He said and walked past me towards the kitchen. Before he went through the door though, he stopped and turned back around and looked at me. He opened his mouth but then shook his head and pushed into the kitchen. And I was the one acting strange. I shrugged and walked up to my room.

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway a couple minutes later and then something hitting the floor. I got up off my bed and walked to the hallway, confused. Jackson was standing there and his phone was on the floor. He looked upset. "Jackson?" I asked.

He looked up at me. "Oops, dropped my phone," he said, trying to seem casual, but not succeeding.

"Um, are you ok?"

He sighed. "Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"Tessa just texted me and said she wanted to break up. So, I'm back to being single."

"Oh... sorry," I said, but in the back of my mind i couldn't help celebrating.

"Yeah she broke up with me so she could go out with some other guy named Tyler or something," he shrugged. I gave him a pitying look. He walked into his room and I walked back into mine. But, once again I was soon interrupted... by Jackson walking into my room. "I thought of an idea."

"Which is?" I asked.

"Well, Tessa broke up with me because she thought this Tyler guy was better right? But what if I wait a while and act like I'm completely over her and want to be friends and you and I go on a double date with her and Tyler?"

"Um why?" I asked even though my stomach was fluttering at the thought of him asking me out.

"Because then if she sees me with someone else, she might realize she still likes me and we can get back together!"

"Jackson, Im not going on a date with you just so you can make Tessa jealous." He didn't even want to go out with me, so why didn't the butterflies go away?

"Pleasee Ramona?"

"If she really liked you she wouldn't have broken up with you and plus what's in it for me?"

"Well... you would be helping me anddd maybe you'll like Tyler," he shrugged.

I shouldn't do it. I shouldn't. But, I liked Jackson and this could be the closest I could get to going out with him. It was fake and wrong and in the back of my head I new I shouldn't go through with it just so I could pretend at something impossible but... "Fine, fine I'll do it," I said.

"Yes! Thank you," he said happily. He ran back out of my room to celebrate his great idea.

"I can't wait," I said sarcastically when he was already gone. I sighed. Why did I do the things I did? Why was I being so stupid over a boy? Some questions I just didn't know the answers to.

***

*Jackson's POV*

I walked into my room after telling Ramona my plan. For some reason I got a weird feeling when she agreed to go out with me so I could get Tessa back. Maybe I just felt wrong about using her. But, I couldn't decide if it was a bad feeling or a good feeling. Why would it be a good feeling? I shook my head at myself and picked the secret admirer note off of my bed. I read it again and looked at the handwriting. I knew I'd never seen that handwriting before.

Ramona always made little hearts above her i's and looped her g's, j's, and y's. This person just used boring dots and regular g's, j's, and y's. I hadn't ever seen Lola's handwriting though. Or at least I didn't think I had. Maybe she had boring handwriting like in the note. I tossed the note back down and sat next to it. It didn't even matter who it v  from because I like Tessa. And Tessa was going to realize she still liked me and everything would work out great. Yeah.

I looked out my door across the hallway to Ramona's door. For some unknown reason I felt mildly sad. But, soon enough the feeling passed as I thought more about getting back with Tessa. I was over Lola. Tessa was the one I liked. This was the right thing to do. I was sure now. Wasn't I? Ramona walked past my room to the stairs and I watched her. I was actually surprised she had agreed to going out with me so I could make Tessa jealous. The more I thought about it my plan seemed kind of low. But, it must not be too bad since Ramona had agreed.

I smiled, feeling better. It must be a good idea. I flopped back on my bed to text Popko my great plan... and then stopped. Ramona had just told Popko she didn't want to go out with him, so he might not want to hear about her going out with me. Even if it was just so I could go out with Tessa again, Popko had never been rejected before except by Ramona. I put my phone back down and just layer there, content with my plan.