01

Felicity's POV

It was a fairly normal day, until Carlisle said that he wanted to talk to me. Then, I knew I had either done something wrong, or he wanted to tell me something serious. What, I didn't know. He held my hand, as he pulled me along. The fact that we were going to a private place, even when everyone was out, suggested to me, that something more was going on, than what met the eye.

When we got to the study, he said to me, "Sit down." But I refused. I mean, why did I need to sit down? Surely it couldn't be that serious?

***

A few minutes later, and I wished that I had sat down. He had just broken the news to me that he was leaving, and he expected me to be calm. Calm? Dear, I wasn't calm anymore, I had passed that stage, as soon as he started talking. I was past my boiling point, so to say, and I just couldn't process what was going on. "But you promised." I whispered, not having enough strength in me, to actually talk. He looked guiltily at me, as if he wanted me to forgive him. Why should I, though? He lead me on, he knew, that he was going, and yet he still lead me on. Why? I thought we were in love. I thought we were going to have a future together. And yet, all that came crashing down, just like the tears, that fell from my face.