03

Forks, Washington, USA

Present Day

Third Person POV

In the neighbouring village, at the small place that was, Forks's hospital, a doctor, a leading doctor, going by the name of Dr. Carlisle Cullen, worked. He was (unknowingly, of course,) of great age, compared to the average human life expectancy, (of today,) but fit in perfectly, looking like any other 25 year old Doctor, would, had they have been, in his position. True to the fact, though, that there were no other 25 year old doctors, especially at the height of their career, as Dr. Cullen was.

But, there are certain things that the human eye can't pick up, certain things that they can't, if they indeed picked up, that they wouldn't comprehend, and, indeed make full sense of. It was like the fact, that he had a different shade of amber, in the colour of his eyes, everytime that he was there, or anywhere, for that matter. It was like the fact, that he was stiff, in his movements, not wanting to have his abilities whirl out of control, eventhough he had the power of self-restraint. Even so, he couldn't help but fear, that he would attack someone, and then for his secret, to be out, out to the human population that thought that fairy tales, were just that, fairy tales, and that they didn't actually exist. He didn't show it of course, and, though he knew he couldn't stop it, he tried, and was successful, (well, seemingly, to most,) in hiding this simple fact, with his confidence of the subject of medicine and general hospital stuff, that made him have a general likeness among both doctors, nurses, and of patients, alike.

And, then, there was the fact that he was a vampire, a none-living, none-breathing creature, that looked like the regular human, only with skin paler, eyes more irregular, (especially with their constant changes,) and, of course, with the most extraordinary memory of events, and of experience.

But, all of these, didn't stop Carlisle from trying to achieve his goals, even if it was, for what seemed like, the thousandth time.