21

Felicity's POV

Walking into the house, I was cautious, steady, and nervous, though as Carlisle held my hand, I relaxed a little. My mind was contradicting my emotions, and I wasn't sure what to think, or what to feel. Looking to Carlsile for reassurance, he smiled, and nodded at me, bringing me close to him, and whispering in my ear, "You'll be fine." Before letting me go, a bit, though still holding my hand, and never letting go.

***

I knew all of them where there before I stepped in the room. It was still and quiet elsewhere, meaning that in the room, where all the noise was coming from, was where they all were. I was still a bit nervous, but with Carlsile by my side, I was getting a tiny bit of courage.

Stepping into the room, I felt all the room go quiet, and immediately stepped back, doubting what I was doing was the right thing to do. I wasn't able to go that far back, because Carlsile was behind me, and as I stepped back, my back hit his chest. Damn, well there's no going back now.

***

Taking a deep breath, I walked further in, Carlsile hot on my tail. I saw all of Carlsile's adopted children, and his sister, who stood off to the side with her partner.

The first pair of Carlisle's children were sat on the love seat, the one that I assumed to be Jasper, from his curly hair, and Alice, the pixie-looking one, that looked like a bruenette Tinker Bell. I knew that Jasper was a new 'vegetarian', and so, not wanting to get to close to him, to make him uncomfortable, I waved at Jasper, and he smiled and waved back, nodding his thanks. Alice, however, had a different approach. She ran up to me, and held out her hand, giddily, "Hi, I'm Alice, though you already knew that. We're going to be such good friends!" She paused for a second, thinking, before looking straight at me, and asking, "Can I call you mum?" It was at that point when Carlisle scolded her, "Alice!" But she seemed to not take notice, glancing at him for a second before focusing back on me, looking at me, for my point of view, "Yeah, sure."

The second pair, was made up of the one I assumed to be Edward, and his girlfriend, Bella. Edward had hair the colour of bronze, whereas Bella had brown hair, chocolates brown eyes, and pale skin, though not as pale as the rest of them, the Cullen's, I mean. I knew Bella was human, but then again, so was I, so what was there to it. I waved at both of them, they both said, "Hi," and then I moved onto the next pair.

The third pair were stood up, because all the seats were taken. It was made up of the one that I had met before, Emmett, and his partner, Rosaline. Emmett was still buff, as always, making me feel slightly smaller, in comparison, and Rosaline looked like a model, making me feel a bit self-conscious, though I knew that I would get used to that, that, or get over it. Emmett as soon as I saw him, after meeting the rest of them, attacked me with a bear hug, making me release my hand from Carlisle's grasp. It was a few minutes later, when Rosaline saw that I needed to breathe, and smiled at me, hugging me. "Hi, Mum."

The last pair was made up of the one I assumed to be Carlsile's sister, Esme, and her partner Alan. Esme had silky-looking brown hair, that flowed past her shoulders, which contrasted perfectly with Alan's hair, that fell somewhere between strawberry-blond and the classical redhead colour. They both embraced me lightly, though they were afraid they would break me. They were friendly, complemetive, though most definitely cautious.

Everyone looked alike though, with their pale faces, and amber-coloured eyes... well, all apart from Bella, and I, as we were still human.

***

After meeting all the family, I had sat on the couch, and had been like that for the last 2 hours. I was feeling a bit worn out, and I could see everything being to get blurry. My eyes were closing, and no matter how hard I tried to keep them open, they were shutting. Carlisle, clearly seeing my internal battle, picked me up, though by that time my eyes, were already closed, and I was already drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness. And as soon as I hit the bed, my body automatically shut down, into sleep mode.

***

I was sleeping for I don't know how long, but, when I felt something move from the side of me, then I made an attempt to grab it. Opening my eyes by a tiny fraction, I could see that I was holding onto Carlsile's arm, keeping him from moving away. I could tell that he thought that I was asleep, (which I was,) and was about to leave me, but I wanted him to stay. So I asked just that, "Stay?" To which he gave in, and laid by my side.