➖CHAPTER 1➖

It was night-time, when I first saw them.

They were beautiful, in everything that they were. With pale, proclain skin, and red eyes, they were certainly the most beautiful people that I had ever come across.

What I didn't know, though, was that they were also, the most dangerous.

And, to be honest, when I found out, I didn't really care. I knew, that they weren't human, as if the red eyes, extended canines, and the people at their feet, void of their blood, didn't already give that away.

I didn't scream, or just stand there wide-eyed, like any normal person would.

Instead, I laughed, and skipped up to the three vampires.

Naturally, they were surprised to see me, walking up to them.

But, more surprised that I was actually gleeful, laughing, like there was some joke, than none other than I had heard.

It was, at that point, that they forgot everything, who they were, what they were, what they were doing.

Not literally, but enough to put their thirst aside, and focus on this miracle that was a child.

That's because, for the first time, in a long time, they felt human. They felt as if their lives meant something. Something, other than the taking of blood for survival, other than the superhuman abilities that they were able to possess, other than, having to hide.

They felt, almost as if I couldn't see the bodies of the fellow humans, that were lying at their feet. Almost as if, I didn't see their red eyes that shined pure crimson, reminiscent of the blood that they had just drank.

So, they just stood there, completely, and utterly aware of this, both new and old sensation, this feeling that they felt, just from me being around them.
And, with months agape, they stared at the young child in front of them, that was me. Unafraid, and unbiased, at the fact that they was, most definitely, vampires.