10

Forks's Hospital

Third Person POV

The first thing he did, when he got there, was look for a body. Alas, he had no such luck. The guards who had stood outside her room, all of the time, had gone, and so had she. In fact, there was no indicator that she was ever here, (barring memories,) apart from the blood stains that were planted all over the floor. Knowing that if anyone else came in here, and saw how much blood was on the floor, they would freak out, he set to work cleaning it up. He was glad he had vampire speed, for without it, the work that he done in a few minutes, would have taken, at least, a couple of hours. Rinsing the cloth out, he was interrupted by his phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID, and saw who it was. Alice.

***

A=Alice
C=Carlisle
E=Edward

C="Hello."
A="Hello. Is she there?"
C="No, it seems that she's been taken. There's nothing left, except her blood on the floor."
A="Thought not. Edward's back. He's tracking her mind now."
E="We need to hurry, she's on the main road, they're heading back to the asylum!"
C="Should I run? It'll be faster than normal."
E=(Sighing) "No, I'll pick you up, don't want our story to go viral."

***

Running on the pathway behind the hospital, Carlisle could only hope that his love was alright. Because, if she died tonight, or was enslaved for however long she remained alive, he knew he would always blame himself for never having the strength to get her back. And in a his doubts, he knew that if this rescue mission failed, he would forever continue to blame himself. Until the end of time.