02

He didn't say anything, and it was silent for a while, and for that I was thankful. I didn't want him to say anything. I didn't want him to give me stupid excuses, as to why he was going. Cause, secretly, I already knew. It was because I was a Human, and he was a Vampire. If only we could've lived in harmony.

***

I thought to myself, 'Was he implying that I was a mistake?' And I said, exactly that, scoffing at him, whilst I expressed my thoughts, "Oh. So was I just a mistake, to you?" I was sure what he was going to say, but I needn't think about that, because he spoke, saying, "No. No. You're not the mistake. I am. It's not about you, it's about me." I want sure if this was, some kind of reverse psychology, to try and make me feel guilty, and make it seem as if it was my fault, but at that point in time, I didn't really know what to think. And, so, fed up, not wanting to listen anymore, with tears rolling down my face, I ran away.

I could hear him following me, for a fraction, of a second, by then his footsteps stopped. I desperately wanted him to run after me though. I wanted him to take me in his arms, and tell me that this was all just a test, to see how much I loved him. But, unfortunately, that was not the case.