Dan's POV (pt.2)

We get to costa and my mum tells us to get a table while she orders the drinks. I nod my head hesitantly, thinking about the awkwardness between Phil and I. We shuffle over to a table and sit opposite each other. Like I said, there was an awkward silence.

My mum comes back and hands us our drinks but after only having a few sips, my mums phone rings. She picks it up.

Dan's mum: Did you fix the passports? Really? *groans* Okay I'll be there now.

Dan: Is there something wrong?

Dan's mum: Sorry sweetie I'm going to have to go. Your father is useless. He can't find the passports although I told him where they are.

Dan: Um...okay.

Dan's mum: Bye Dan. I'll call you later okay?

Dan: Okay bye mum.

Then she rushes out, leaving Phil and I alone... once again. After 2 painfully long minutes of silence, Phil stands up.

Phil: I-I'm just going to go the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute.

Dan: Ok.

As Phil walks away, he kicks his bag over and some of the contents of his bag falls out. He doesn't realise and keeps walking away. I pick up his bag and start putting the things back when I pick up a bottle of pills.

Antidepressants...

Is this why he's not fine? Has his depression come back again? I put the rest of his stuff back into his bag and put his bag back on the ground.

Phil comes back and sits in front of me, once again. I decide to not talk about it right now. I'll ask him about it later.

Once we've finished our drinks, we decide to go back to the house. Phil still needs to get his stuff so he can leave. Although, I don't think him leaving is the best idea anymore.

Not when he needs me.