Dan's POV (pt.3)

Once we get back to the house, Phil goes to the living room to pick up his bags. I don't know how to ask him. I have to though, there might be something wrong.

Dan: Phil. Can I talk to you for a minute?

Phil: Sure. What's up?

Dan: The last email you wrote, you said that you're not fine. What did you mean by that?

Phil: Don't worry about it.

Dan: It's my job to worry about you.

Phil: Not anymore it's not.

Dan: *sighs* You know when you went to the bathroom in costa?

Phil: Yeah...why?

Dan: When you were leaving, you kicked your bag over and some things fell out. Once you'd gone I went to pick everything up and put them back and a bottle of pills fell out. Antidepressants. So I was just wondering....are you okay?

Phil: *sighs* You weren't meant to find out. I just-

Dan: Is that why you left me?

Phil: I don't really-

Dan: Is that...why you left me?

Phil: *frowns* Yes.

Dan: Phil...why didn't you tell me?

Phil: Because you don't need me burdening you with my problems. I though that you'd be better off-

Dan: Don't say that. Don't say that I'd be better off without you. Only I can make that choice. If I were better off without you, I would've left you years ago. But I didn't because we're perfect with each other. Flaws and all.

Phil: Dan, you don't understand. It's really bad this time.

Dan: I know I don't understand but I'm trying. I'll try for as long as I can, just please don't walk away again.

Phil: I-I can't hurt you.

Dan: You won't. You'd never hurt me intentionally. You need me right now and you're pushing me away. Let me help you.

Phil turns away, looking out the window. I walk towards him and I notice the tears in his eyes.

He's crying.