~•Chapter 6•~

"Ahem, Zach? Are you-?"

   "I'm fine. Just fine."

   Jonathan sighed at his son's sudden attitude towards him. After the incident that happened in Panic Park, Zach wouldn't even come out from his room. He didn't even come to the Menace's funeral.

   "Zachary-."

   "Don't call me that."

   "Zach, I really think you should step out of there for a while. Everyone misses you!"

   "Yeah, right."

   "Come on. Is there anything I could do to help?"

   "Well, you can't help this one... Hell is gone."

   Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'Hell is gone'??"

   "NOT THAT BURNING PLACE WHERE PEOPLE DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED, HE'S MY FRIEND!!!" Zach shouted through the door, making Jonathan jump a bit from his tone.

   "First and only Friend," Zach added gravely.

   Jonathan thought for a while before asking,

   "Is he that 16-year-old shadow boy who keeps calling me... an 'ass'" He said and made air quotes.

   Zach stayed silent. Jonathan heard him sigh.

   "Just leave me alone," He said gravely again.

   Worried and saddened by his son's words, Jonathan obeyed and walked off.

   On the other side of the room, there sat at the corner, was Zach with his legs crossed. He stared at the door. He regret making his Father feel sad, yet he couldn't do anything about it. He could, but for an angry guy like him, he doesn't have the guts to say 'sorry'.

   Year ago, the other young Horrors, except for Dini-Hoo, teased him for being 'nice' and 'soft' like a real Monster never wished to be. That made him angry and ever since that day, he turned to a person like himself in the present: A demon. But only on the outside.

   Frustrated, he grabbed a vase from the drawer next to him and smashed it at the door. It broke into smithereens. A glass slingshotted back at Zach's hand, scratching it and making it bleed.

   Zach pulled his hand back, in pain. He bit his lip as he immediately removed the glass shard off his hand, leaving blood dripping down his wrist.

   Jonathan heard the noise and jumped by surprise, dropping the toy Horror he was polishing.

   "A-are you okay, Son?" He asked instantly, worried and facing the door.

   After a few seconds of dead silence, Zach answered,"Yes".

   Jonathan felt his heart breaking but tends to ignore it. He knew that his own Son wouldn't see him cry but the ignorance didn't last for Long.

   He started sobbing. And so did Zach.