A Day In The Life

Hey guys! Thank you all for all the feed back you gave me on doing this story! I hope you enjoy it!
________________________
"Maya! Maya! Maya! Maya! Maya!" She could hear the voices chanting her name from inside her dressing room as she got ready to go out. She finished putting on her combat boots and gloves and walked out to the edge of the stage.

"You ready?" Her manager asked her above all the chants. Maya nodded her head as he gave her a microphone. "It's go time baby!" He yelled as he gently pushed Maya onto the stage and the crowd went wild.

"What's up California! Y'all ready to have a rocking time?" She yelled out to the crowd as they went wild. "This is the first time that I'm being televised all around the world, which means you guys are being televised all around the world so make some noise!" She yelled again making everyone go wild.
~
"Hey I was watching that!" Riley complained as Josh took the remote from her and turned off the tv.

"Are you recording it?" He asked tilting his head. Riley nodded her head as she tried to reach for the remote but Josh held it back from her.

"Then you can watch it after you finish your school work." Josh said making Riley sigh.

"But Josh do you even know who that is?" Maya asked pointing to the tv.

"You mean the singer that you always talk about, Maya Hunter." Josh stated as he put the remote back on the tv stand.

"She's not just a singer Josh, we practically know her!" Riley said excitedly as she got up from the couch. Josh chuckled.

"We don't know her Riley we know her step dad." Josh said as he went to grab his training bag.

"It might as well be her. I wish it was her instead of Shawn." Riley mumbled to her self but Josh heard it.

"Riley you know that it wasn't Shawn's fault what happened that night." Josh said in a low voice making Riley sigh and turn her head the other way. Josh closed his eyes and sighed before he reopened them. "I got to get to work. Finish your school work and then I need you to go pick up Auggie from Doy's house. I'll pick up dinner on the way home afterwards." Josh mad his way to the door with his bag and keys in his hand.

"Okay." Riley said as she picked the remote back up.

"Riley!" Josh snapped making Riley turn her head towards him.

"Alright I'll do it I promise." She said making Josh roll his eyes.

"I'm checking it when I get home tonight." Josh said making Riley just nod as she fixated her self on the tv. Josh shook his head and walked out the door making his way to the gym where he had been working for the past two years.
~
"Thank you Cali I love every single one of you!" Maya yelled out then walked off the stage and the smile on her face immediately vanished.

"That was great! The ratings were through the roof, Maya your a sensation!" Her manager praised her as Maya handed him her microphone.

"Thanks." She mumbled as she headed back into her dressing room and shut the door and sat on her couch.

Maya fixated her eyes on the wall in front of her going deep in thought. Maya would give anything to be able to become normal again. She didn't feel like herself, she hadn't in a long time. Ever since she started to make it big her manager went crazy into trying to change her so she could become more popular all across the world. Now the songs she sings aren't even her's, the clothes she wears aren't her choice and her whole life has just been taken over by someone else. Maya hated it! She wanted to be herself but according to her manager being herself wasn't good enough. Nothing she did was good enough.

"Hey kiddo!" Shawn said as he knocked on the door and came in. Maya slightly smiled at the sight of her dad.

"Hey dad!" She said getting up to give him a hug. That was one reason why Maya didn't voice her opinion. Because the money she makes has really helped out her mom and Shawn financially. She didn't want to take that away from them, she couldn't.

"You were amazing out there! Your mom and I are so proud of you!" Shawn exclaimed making Maya smile. At least she still had one great thing still in her life.

"Thanks dad! That means a lot." Maya said as the broke away from the hug.

"Listen babe, I'm heading out to California tonight to see the Matthews kids and I'll be gone for the whole weekend." Shawn said. Maya nodded.

"Are they still having a rough time?" Maya asked feeling bag former them. She remembered Shawn telling her about them and how sad he sounded when he did.

"Better than what they were. I'm hoping to kind of mend things with Riley she is still kind of blaming me for what happened." Shawn said sadly. Maya nodded her head.

"I'm sure she's just hurting. She probably knows deep down that it isn't your fault." Maya said. Shawn nodded sadly.

"But hey. You just got all you've ever wanted! And now you get to start on your new album how lucky are you, kiddo!" Shawn said excitedly. Maya smiled.

"Yep. Lucky me." Maya said looking down at the ground.
~
"Good, now make sure your fist is straighter." Josh explained to a kid that he was currently sparring with.

"Josh!" A middle aged man came from one of the back rooms of the gym.

"Yes sir?" Josh asked as he snapped his head around to the guy.

"Come here for a second." The guy said. Josh told the kid he would be right back and took his gear off, he got out of the ring and went to where the man was.

"What's up boss?" Josh asked the man smiled at him as he put his hand on Josh's shoulder.

"How ya doing?" He asked making Josh shrug his shoulder.

"Fine. I have to go and pick up dinner for the kids before I head home tonight." Josh said making the guy nod.

"Listen I'm heading out this next week on vacation so I'm going to go ahead and close the place down. So you got yourself a week off kid. Your welcome." The guy patted Josh's shoulder softly and walked off. Josh sighed knowing that was a week of pay that he really needed.

After work Josh grabbed his bag and headed out to a near by subway and got a few subs. Josh came home that night to see Riley asleep on the couch with her math book in front of her. Auggie was right beside her fast asleep with his Mr. Googely in his arms. Josh smiled and threw a blanket on them both kissing their foreheads. He put the subs in the fridge and headed to his room.

Shawn: I'll be there tomorrow.

Josh read the text message on his phone and smiled. He replied with a quick 'okay' and turned off his lamp falling asleep.
___________________________
So there's the first ever chapter! Let me know what y'all think!