Breaking In

What up beautiful people! It is 5 in the morning right now, I have not slept at all and I am high on coffee right now! So Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fifteen minutes later, Josh and Maya were coming up on Larry's penthouse. They looked around the neighborhood and made sure that they couldn't be seen. Maya took the key out of her pocket and started to open the door.

"Wait." Josh stopped her. "We cant just go in, we need a game plan." Josh told her as he looked around the neighborhood. "What if this guy has security cameras in his home? Or an alarm system that can go off the very second we walk through this door?" Josh was extremely nervous, Maya found it very amusing.

"I already had that covered this afternoon. I called Farkle and had him hack into the video camera and the alarm system. He turned them all off and they wont turn back on until six this morning." She told him. "Relax, all we have to do is switch out the CD with ours and then we can get out of here."

"Do you even know where he keeps it?" He asked her. Maya rolls her eyes.

"Larry has his own recording studio in his home. I've been in his house before when I was first being signed on. My family had dinner with him, now come on!" She said. Maya turned the key into the door and opened it just wide enough for her and Josh to slip through. They shut it quietly and Josh looked around.

"Wow." He whispered. "This place is like a palace." He told her. Maya nodded her head.

"Yeah, its kind of sad. All this space for only one person. I mean I get this is what money can buy you, but what does it really mean if you dont have someone to share it with?" She asked. Josh stared at her and smiled.

"I think being in a relationship with me has matured you a bit." He teased. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Come on, his studio is this way." She told him. They quietly climbed the stairs and Josh put his flashlight from his phone on so they could see where they were going. With his hand on the small of her back as she lead them upstairs, Josh and Maya rounded the corner and stopped at a hallway that had two doors on each side.

"Okay, now where do we go?" Josh asked. Maya stood and thought for a moment, truthfully she couldn't really remember which door was the recording studio... and which door was Larry's bedroom.

"Okay, follow me and stay quiet." She whispered. Josh followed her down the hallway and Maya opened the first door, it was a bathroom. She quietly shut it and opened the second one, it was a guest bedroom. That meant that the other two doors were either the recording studio, or Larry's bedroom.

"Which one is it, can you remember?" He asked her. Maya shook her head. Josh sighed and hesitantly put his hand on one doorknob. He opened it as quietly as he could, both of them were holding their breaths until they looked inside. They both let out a breath of relief as they saw it was the recording studio.

"Okay, lets get this over with. He has about ten other record deals with other artists, so we will have to play the cd to find out which one is mine." She told him as she shut the door of the studio and turned the light on. The room was smaller than what Josh had thought, but I guess you dont really need much room to record a song.

Josh and Maya both set to work as they carefully pulled out every CD and put it in a small cd player and put the volume so low that they had to be right up against it to tell what it was playing. It was nearly four in the morning when they found the right CD. Maya carefully put her CD in the same exact place as the other one and put the other one in her pocket.

She looked up and smiled at Josh who looked relieved that they could finally leave. They made sure everything was in their right place before turning the light off and leaving the room. They quietly made their way back down the hall and to the staircase. This time, Josh had forgotten to turn his flashlight on.

As they were walking, Josh reached out his hand to see if he could feel Maya, but instead his fingertips brushed against something and that something fell to the ground with a loud crash. Maya reached into her back pocket and grabbed her phone to turn the flashlight on, Josh had knocked over and broke a small glass statue that was right in the hallway.

Suddenly the light came on in the back bedroom and shuffling of feet could be heard on the other side of the door. Josh and Maya shared one panicked look before they broke out into a run and rushed down the stairs.

"Who's there!" Larry called out. "I'm calling the cops!" They could hear his voice at the top of the stairs. But they didnt turn around to look to see if he had spotted them.

They made a break for the door, not even bothering to shut it behind them. They ran down the street as fast as they could. Larry could be heard yelling out his door, he had seen them. But thanks to it being dark, he hadn't been able to tell who they were.

Josh and Maya didnt stop, at one point Josh grabbed Maya's hand and urged her to go faster as sirens sounded in the distance.

"Come on, I know a shortcut!" Maya told him as she rounded a corner of a building and Josh followed her, they both disappeared just in time as two cop cars drove right past where they were running.

Josh and Maya ran as fast as they could back to their house, they ran inside and were careful to not slam the door shut. As soon as the door was closed and locked they both started bursting out in laughter. They were still panting from running so hard, they could hardly breath.

They both had leaned on the wall of the house as they took a moment to catch their breath and calm themselves down. After what felt like an eternity, they had been able to get their breath back. And just as Josh was about to say something, Maya grabbed his shirt, leaned in and kissed him.

It was a brief kiss, nothing too fancy. But as Josh went to wrap his arms around her, she broke away and smiled at him.

"Thanks for having my back." She told him. Josh didnt say anything. Maya gave him one last brief kiss and then turned around and walked upstairs to her room.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for sticking with me Y'all!