The meeting

School has started back for me so updates are going to be a little harder to get up. But I will try and get them up as fast and as soon as I can!
________________________
Maya sat silently in the car as Shawn was telling her and Josh old stories about him and Cory. Sometimes Josh would laugh or comment on the story but Maya would just awkwardly sit back and crack a smile at a funny part. Her nerves were to bunched up at the moment to really take part.

"Alright I'll be back later. Have fun guys." Shawn said as he parked the car letting Maya and Josh get out.

"I'll text you when we're done." Maya said so softly that Shawn almost didn't hear. He nodded his head and smiled before putting the car in drive and driving off. Maya sighed as she looked up at Josh to see him already looking at her. "What?" She asked as she looked behind her. Josh chuckled and shook his head.

"Nothing. Just figured a big rockstar like you would be happy to go to work." Josh said making Maya frown.

"Please don't call me that." She said making Josh narrow his eyes. "Look can we just go." She said as she started to walk past Josh and into the building. Josh decided not to say anything as he followed her into the building.

"Maya! We have got to seriously do something about your fashion." Her manager said as he came up to greet her. Josh narrowed his eyes at his comment and gave Maya a once over to observe what she was wearing. He didn't think it was bad. She was dressed in a simple pair of shorts and a t shirt. It was actually refreshing to see someone in LA dressing modestly.

"And you must be the new bodyguard!" The manager said making Josh throw his head back up to see the man standing in front of Maya. "Yes well... I guess he'll have to do." He said making Josh be a bit taken back. The dude was extremely rude. If he was Maya, he wouldn't be excited to come into work either. "Alright let's get the meeting started, follow me!" He exclaimed making Maya let out a sigh that didn't get unnoticed by Josh as they followed him into a meeting room.

They all took a seat around the table as everyone greeted Maya as she walked through the door. Maya hadn't spoke two words the whole time they had walked in making Josh a little concerned. She was supposed to be the head of this thing, after all it is her career.

"Alright so we have to go through a few rules when it comes to having a bodyguard, especially when it comes to having one so close to your age." Larry said making Josh shrug his shoulders. He didn't understand what that had to do with anything.

"First rule, no dating." He said making Josh and Maya both blush. "We can't afford to have you start dating right now." Larry said in all seriousness. Josh shook his head waiting for Maya to speak up but she didn't.

"With all do respect shouldn't that be Maya's decision?" Josh spoke up making everyone look at him and glare.

"Look kid, we understand she's beautiful and attractive and she has everything that anyone could want in a girl, but no dating." Larry finished making Josh shake his head.

"Look I'm not saying that we would date but if we ever did that would be our business not yours." Josh said making Maya smile a little that someone was defending her. Larry got a frustrating look on his face.

"Look, Josh was it? Maya is an eighteen year old hormonal teenage girl. She doesn't know what she wants and that's why she has us to help her and to keep our fans." Larry said making Josh scoff.

"First of all there Maya's fans not yours, and secondly does her parents know that you're treating her this way?" Josh asked making Maya's eyes go wide. She didn't think of the fact that Josh could tell her parents all of this.

"Look can we all just be calm and finish the meeting, please?" Maya asked making everyone look at her shocked that she had even said anything. Josh leaned back in his chair roughly and shook his head. He couldn't believe this, he had to tell Shawn.

For the rest of the meeting Larry was barking out orders and rules to Maya like she was some kind of dog and he was her owner. He never even once glanced Josh's way which made Josh even more angrier. After all this was effecting his life too. Finally the meeting ended and Josh couldn't get out of there fast enough. Maya stayed behind to say goodbye to everyone before meeting Josh outside.

"What was that!" He demanded as Maya finished texting Shawn that they were done and walked outside beside Josh to wait.

"What are you taking about?" Maya asked making Josh shake his head.

"They were walking all over you in there and you just let them! I mean you didn't defend yourself or anything, Maya!" Josh said making Maya look down at the ground. Josh took a deep breath. "Look, I know that we just met and all, but if I'm going to be apart of this then I think I deserve to know what's going on." Josh said. Maya sighed and turned her full attention towards Josh as she sat down on the curb. Josh sat down beside her and waited for her to say something.

"After I got signed to the label company when I was sixteen, Larry was appointed to me as my manager. At first he was great, he let me do what I wanted, sing what I wanted and dress the way I wanted. But then after I started to get fan mail and interviews and started to become known by some major artists here in Hollywood, he started to change. He started to get controlling and bossy, he had a team of writers start writing my songs for me telling me that my music wasn't good enough to draw fans in, he told me that my little girl look wasn't going to attract the male population of fans so he had fashion people hired. He started to change my entire life and there was nothing I could do about it. I tried to stand up for myself once but he told me that he would drop me and make up some story to the public and the company of how I went out and did drugs and smoked weed. I told him I'd deny it but he said he would make it up to where no other company would ever pick me up again." Maya explained making a very shocked Josh.

"Why didn't you tell Shawn?" He whispered making Maya sigh.

"Because this label means everything to them. It's helped out so much, the money was able to get us off of food stamps and it helped with my schooling. We're finally in a financial place where my mom and Shawn can start trying for a kid. That's all they have ever wanted is to be able to have a baby together. I couldn't do this to them." Maya said shaking her head.

"Maya, Shawn wouldn't care about the money if you aren't happy. Do you know how many celebrities a day kill them selves because they aren't happy with what they are doing?" Josh asked her making Maya nod her head and keep her eyes fixated on the street in front of her. "You're going to have to tell Shawn." Josh said making Maya whip her head to him.

"No! No Josh you can't tell Shawn or my mom! I told you it wouldn't be fair to them! Please don't say anything." Maya begged him. Josh starred at her for a second before reluctantly nodding his head.

"Fine. But just to let you know, now that I'm involved with this I'm not going to keep my mouth shut to them. This is my life and I'm not going to let them boss me around. I'll date who I want to date." Maya blushed when he said that last part.

"Fair enough." She said looking at him. They both turned their attention to the car that was coming down to pick them up.

"And that includes you." Josh said leaving a shocked Maya as he got in the passenger side of Shawn's car.
___________________________
If you have Instagram go follow quotes_fortheday_