The Offer

Thanks for all the amazing feed back! Y'all are awesome! Here's chapter two!
________________________
Josh was woken up the next day by a body jumping up and down on his and little hands shaking him awake.

"Uncle Josh! Uncle Josh, wake up uncle Shawn is here!" Auggie yelled as Josh turned over and rubbed his face with his hands. Auggie seeing that he was up, got down off the bed and ran back into the living room.

Josh sighed as he slowly sat up in the bed and looked at his clock. Since his boss was away for the entire week this was his first day off. Josh was actually kind of glad that Shawn was here because other wise he had no idea what he would do with the rest of his week.

Josh got out of bed and took fifteen minutes to shower and get dressed. After combing his hair and brushing his teeth he made his way into the living room. Josh smiled as he watched Auggie and Shawn laugh and play together at the kitchen table. His smile faltered thought when he looked over and saw Riley over on the couch silently eating her bowl of cereal with a frown on her face.

"Hey Shawn." Josh said as he walked into the kitchen. Shawn looked up at Josh an gave him a sad smile.

"Hey buddy." Shawn said as he got up and brought him into a huge hug. "How ya doing?" He asked. Josh just sighed and nodded his head as he went past Shawn to go and make him self a bowl of cereal seeing that Auggie had already had one.

"I'm hanging in there. It's not easy but I've got the hang of it. Riley helps me out a lot with Auggie." Josh said.

"That's not what I meant Josh. I meant how are you doing, emotionally." Shawn said as he went over to the table and sat down. Josh sighed and raised his head up at Auggie motioning for him to go and sit with Riley.

"Alright, alright I can take a hint." Auggie said as he picked up his bowl and walked over to where Riley was. Josh watched him walk over and sit down with Riley before he answered Shawn.

"It's getting better. I'm more worried about Riley though. Auggie was still pretty young when everything happened, Riley is at that age where she needs her parents more than ever." Josh said as he sat down with his bowl continuing to eat.

"She just turned seventeen right?" Shawn asked making Josh nod. "Maya's a year older then her. She turned eighteen a couple of months ago." Shawn said. Josh just nodded looking down at his bowl moving his spoon around in his bowl.

Suddenly Shawn had an idea. He remembered Maya's manager Larry telling him that they needed to get Maya some protection since her was becoming big. At first Shawn and Katy didn't think that would be necessary but then they realized that now Maya was eighteen they wouldn't be able to be with her a lot. Shawn didn't want just anyone being with his daughter all the time, he wanted somebody he knew, somebody he trusted.

"Josh, how much are you making with your job?" Shawn asked. Josh looked up at Shawn with a confused look on his face.

"Ten an hour. Why?" He asked. Shawn ignored his question and kept asking some of his own.

"How are you able to afford this place?" Shawn asked talking about Cory and Topanga's old home.

"After what happened the owner of this place gave me a break on it. I had to drop out of school though." Josh stated finishing off his bowl and putting it in the sink.

"Josh, What if I said I could help you out." Shawn said making Josh chuckle.

"Look Shawn, as tempting as that sounds I can't let you give me money it jus-"

"I'm not taking about money." Shawn cut Josh off making Josh give him a look.

"Maya's manager told me and Katy that he would like Maya to have some protection now that she's becoming one of these big pop stars." Shawn said putting his hands up dramatically as he said pop star. "And Katy and I don't want someone that just met and can't trust." Shawn said. Josh picked up on what he was saying and shook his head.