Saying Goodbye

Hey everyone! I hope everybody is healthy and alright! Thank you so much for reading and supporting all my stories, I hope you guys enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Farkle took Maya back home and gave her back her keys. They both got out of the car and walked inside the house, being greeted by Shawn and Katie sitting in the living room with Auggie. Shawn looked up and sighed at the sight of his daughter.

"Maya, I think its time you came clean with us." Shawn stated. Maya swallowed hard, what had Josh told them?

"Come sit down." Katy told her. Farkle grabbed Auggie's shirt and pulled him out of the room to give them some privacy. Maya walked over to the chair that was across from the couch where her parents were sitting, and she took a seat across from them.

"Maya, why didnt you tell us that you and Josh were a thing?" Katy asked. Maya bit her lip, she was afraid of answering. She didnt want to answer because she didnt know what all Josh had told them.

"What do you mean?" Maya asked. Shawn sighed as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Kiddo, I understand that whatever happened between you and Josh is between the two of you." Maya could tell that Shawn didnt think this at all, obviously Katy had been talking to him after Josh had talked to them. "Josh never specified whatever it was that happened, just that it was his fault and that he needed to give you some space."

"But it wasn't his fault!" Maya protested. "None of it was, if anything it was mine!" She told them. Katy and Shawn shared a look.

"Care to elaborate?" Katy asked. Maya bit her lip.

"Maya, we cant help you unless you talk to us." Shawn told her with narrowed eyebrows. Maya sighed, but still kept quiet. Katy and Shawn waited another moment before they shared another look and Shawn cleared his throat.

"Josh is packing his things, he says he's already purchased a plane ticket for New York. He leaves in an hour. Riley is still going on tour with you, and she's old enough now to where she can make her own decisions. Josh is talking to her now about everything, but once he gets settled he's going to come back and get Auggie." Katy told her.

"I've already tried to talk to him, but he seems to have his mind already made up." Shawn told her. Maya didnt say anything, she just nodded her head.

"You should go say goodbye." Katy told her. Maya sighed as she looked up at her parents and nodded.  She got up from the chair and walked to where Josh's room was. She leaned against the doorframe as the door was already cracked open and she noticed Josh and Riley talking quietly.

".... what you're doing? Josh, where are you even going to go?" Riley asked as Josh kept stuffing clothes in his bag.

"I called a friend, he said I could stay with him until I find an apartment. I'll get my old job back at the gym. Then once I get things settled, I'll come back for Auggie." He told her. Then he stopped packing and looked over at his niece. "You as well, if you want. But I know that you and Maya have grown close, you and Farkle being in a relationship. Shawn told me that you were more than welcome to stay here with them. I think you're old enough now to where you can make your own decisions."

"But if I dont come back to New York with you, will I ever see you and Auggie?" She asked him. Josh gave her a look.

"Come on, Riley. Of course you will. I just mean with senior year and college coming up soon, I dont want you to feel like your options are limited because I'm moving back to New York. I want you to do what you want. If that's staying here with Farkle and Maya then dont let me step in your way." Josh told her.