Moving day

Hey y'all! I just posted a teaser for my new story An Agents Life. Go check it out the first chapter will be up soon!
________________________
Today was the day that the Matthews were leaving New York and heading out to Los Angeles. Shawn had stayed all week to help them pack as much as he could but then eventually had to head home yesterday calming that Katy and Maya would freak out when they saw all of there stuff coming in and not knowing what to do with it.

Josh had all of their stuff shipped ahead of time so that it would be there when they got to Cali. It seven in the morning and their flight left at nine which meant Josh had exactly two hours to have them at the airport.

Josh came out of his room into the now empty living room with his suit case in hand as he looked around the place for the very last time. He looked over to see Riley clinging onto Lucas for dear life while he hugged her close not wanting to let go. Zay was beside them with a sad look on his face. Josh looked over on the other side of the room to see Auggie and Ava arguing as usual but then smiled when he saw Ava start to cry and Auggie pull her into a hug.

Part of Josh felt horrible for taking Riley and Auggie away from their home. Heck New York was his home as well and he didn't want to leave either, but the more Josh thought about this the more he knew it was the best idea for them. One thing that Josh learned in the past two years was that sometimes the best decisions in life weren't always the easiest ones. And this was definitely not the easiest one.

"Alright kiddos, we got to head out." Josh said sadly as he watched Riley's body shake in Lucas's arms. Lucas pulled back and gave Riley one more kiss before him, Zay and Auggie made their way out the door for the final time. "You guys ready?" He asked as they both picked up their suitcases.

"I am." Auggie said as he smiled up at Josh. Josh smiled back and then turned his attention to Riley.

"Riles?" He asked. Riley snapped her head up at him giving him a glare.

"I hate you." She said making Josh's heart brake. She turned around and headed to the cab that was right outside. Josh sighed as he and Auggie went out the door and pulled it closed for the final time.
~
"Maya! The Matthews are going to be here soon I need your help!" Shawn yelled from down the stairs. Maya sighed as she finished cleaning out one side of her room so Riley could decorate it the way she wanted it.

"Coming!" She yelled back. Katy had gone out on a huge grocery shopping spree so that there would be a lot of food for when they got here. Maya skipped down the stairs with a blank look on her face.

"Isn't this great! You're always saying how you wished you had company your own age in this house and now it's finally happening!" Shawn exclaimed making Maya sigh.

"It would be a lot better if I knew they weren't coming just to be my babysitter." Maya said rolling her eyes. "I don't get what the big deal is about these kids anyway. I don't think I've ever seen you this excited before." Maya stated as she crossed her arms. Shawn sighed and sat down on the couch motioning for Maya to sit beside him.

"I knew Cory and Topanga my entire life. They were my best friends growing up. Mr and Mrs Matthews were like my second parents. They were there for me more than my own were. I have known Josh and those kids ever since they were born and I promised Cory right before he died at the hospital that I would look after them and make sure they were takin care of. I love those kids Maya and they are important to me. Please give them a chance." Shawn begged with so much emotion in his voice that it made Maya want to cry. Maya nodded her head and smiled.

"For you I'll give this a go." Maya said making Shawn smile and pull her into a hug.

"Thank you. Who knows maybe your life will change just having them in it." Shawn said as he broke away from the hug making Maya laugh.

"Doubt it. But I'm willing to keep an open mind." Maya stated. Shawn took a deep breath as he looked at the time.

"Alright. We got twelve hours before they get here so let's start cleaning." Shawn said. Maya took a deep breath as she got up off the couch. Her life was definitely going to change she knew that much. She just hoped that this bodyguard was worth it.
___________________________
Sorry it's short. This is kind of just a filler chapter for what's to come. Till next time ❤️