Determination

After a lot of arguing, running and hiding. Josh and Maya were finally able to convince an angry Shawn that they were not a couple, which if you thought about it, they technically weren't lying.

After all was resolved, Katy decided that her and Shawn would go for a drive so he could clear his head. Josh and Maya stayed at the house as they both looked at each other and laughed at the thought of what had just taken place.

"I cant believe we almost got caught. All of that just happened and I'm still alive." Josh joked. Maya smiled at him and looked down at her phone.

"Well I think we're going to have a harder time convincing the world that we're not a thing. Joshaya is already trending worldwide right now." Maya showed him her phone notifications, where Instagram and Twitter both were flashing their couple name as the number one most trending right now.

"I find it funny that the one thing Larry is against you doing is the thing that's bringing you the most popularity right now." He laughed as he stared at the screen. Maya bit her lip before putting her phone back in her pocket.

It was silent for a moment, as they both took the time to reflect. Maya didnt know rather she wanted to bring up the fact that just an hour ago, Josh had admitted that he had fallen in love with Maya. Something that she didnt think was possible, sure her and Josh really liked each other. But love, that was a whole other level, one that Maya didnt know if she was ready for.

"I'm proud of you." Josh broke the silence causing Maya to pop her head up to stare at him. "The way you stood up for yourself to Larry today. I think you got the point across to him today that you weren't going to go down without a fight." Maya laughed.

"If only it was that easy. He's going to make my life in the studio miserable now." Maya sighed as she sat on the couch and leaned back. Josh sat in front of her on the coffee table and shook his head.

"Not if you dont let him. He only wants you to think that he has control over you. Maya, you are your own person and there are plenty of record labels that will sign you and hundreds of managers waiting to pick up talent like yours. You can sing, you write your own music, I bet you aren't that bad of a dancer either." He smirked at her. Maya scoffed.

"I wouldn't bet your life savings on it." She joked. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I'd like to find out for myself one day." Maya smiled at him and shook her head before averting her attention back down to the floor.

"I wrote a new song, one that I really want to put on my album.  But I think scrapping the album this late into the process could be a big mistake." Maya frowned thinking about the few weeks she had left before her album dropped.

"I thought you said you had written tons of songs already that Larry wouldn't let you use." Josh said tilting his head at her. Maya nodded.

"Yeah, but I only have three weeks until my album release. And thanks to the world tour that Larry scheduled, I dont have time to postpone the album dropping later. I'm screwed." Maya sighed. Josh thought for a moment before he shook his head and smiled at her.

"No you're not." Maya looked up at him confused. "I bet if you worked now up until the release of your album, you could scrap the whole album and remake it." Maya's eyes widened.

"Josh I dont think you understand, I have been working on the album I have now for up to two years. It takes a long time to make an album, you cant just do it over night. Most of the songs I have aren't professional enough to put on my album, they're not finished, they have parts that need to be rewritten and notes have to be changed. It would take us every minute of every day and even then we would be lucky to even get half of it done."

"Then I guess we should get started."

Maya stared at Josh like he had just lost his mind. Did he even hear a word she had said.

"Okay, suppose we do scrap the album and redo it completely, Larry would never let us. He'd drop me before he did that." Josh smirked.

"That's why you dont tell him." Maya scoffed.

"I cant do that! He has all hands on this album, there is no way I'll be able to sneak something like this past him. I'll have to record the album in the studio, he's there all the time!" Maya felt like she was talking to a brick wall, everything that she told Josh, he just sat there and smiled.

"That's why we do it here." Maya stared at him blank. "In your music room, and then when we finish it, we'll take it to the studio and replace the CD we made with the one that Larry had you make. We'll make sure it's last minute too, that way he wont listen to it before sending it in."

Maya couldn't believe it, it sounded like a good plan. It sounded like it could work, but she was also scared that Larry would find out. That would be the end of her career for sure.

"It will never work." She told him. Josh leaned in so his face was right in front of hers.

"But what if it does?" He asked her. Maya bit her lip as the smile started to creep in on her face. She couldn't believe that this could actually happen.

"You really think I can do this?" Maya asked him. Josh grabbed her hand in his and looked at her with the most serious look she had ever seen him wear.

"Larry shouldn't have the power to tell you or any other artist how their music should sound. You have a voice and you deserved to be heard. If you can break out from Larry's clutches, imagine how its going to make artists all over the world feel if their in similar situations. You have an opportunity in front of you Maya, dont waist it."

Maya's smile grew huge at the thought of what could come from this. The thought of being able to finally have a say over what she does, the kind of stuff she puts out. She laughed and nodded her head.

"Lets do it."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm thinking about wrapping this story up as well. I have a pretty good idea of how to end it. Let me know what y'all think!