Chapter 7 - New Day with a Surprise Ending

A new chapter could come any day now. Hurt my back so now I'm on bed rest, so got a lot of time on my hands. As always enjoy and please vote and comment.

            When I awoke the next morning Jane was up and gone, and I frown unsure why it saddened me. I pushed up and slid to the edge letting my feet drop to the floor, but the moment they touched, I jerked them back from its coolness. “The wood gets very drafty during the spring.” Jane walked in and smiled taking a seat on the edge of the bed. She looked down as if shy.

            “What’s the matter?” I asked in a hush voice, and she looked up smiling at me.

            “Maybe later I’ll tell you.” I tilted my head to the side and poked out my lips, sagging my eyes at her, and she smiled harder and looked away.

            “Okay, I guess my puppy dog look wasn’t sad enough.” She giggled looking back at me.

            “It was very good, but like you said, the time isn’t right.” I understood her meaning and nodded, after all she was waiting for me. “You hungry, I make a mean omelet.” I nodded with a smile and she got up heading to the door, but turned back catching the frame. “The shower is through that door.” I smiled and grabbed my bag and went through the door she pointed at. Inside I found a large bathroom, with a shower with six heads.

            When I finally managed to stop staring at the shower, I sat my bag down on the counter and got undressed. I turned back turning the shower on and waited for the water to warm up. The moment it did I stepped in and felt the warmth relaxing my muscles. I worked my finger through my hair then grabbed a shampoo bottle and squired it in my hand. My back was to the clear glass shower door, and as I turned I caught a glimpse of a shadow at the bathroom door. It pulled back and I heard soft feet tapping a crossed the bedroom floor.

            I froze wondering why Jane was looking in on me while I showered, then I felt the tingle in my body. I closed my eyes momentary shaken by how I felt. When the haze clear my head I calmly went back to washing my hair, while I thought about what had just happened, and how it made me feel. It totally confused me, then the memory of waking up to find her laying against me, and how that made me feel.

            I stood there staring out the door lost in thought long after the shampoo washed free of my hair. “Breakfast is ready.” I heard Jane call out from downstairs. I quickly turned off the water and stepped out grabbing a towel. Once I was dried I grabbed out a pair of sweatpants, a tank top, and a pair of panties, along with my gloves that covered the scars on my arm, I normally just wore long sleeves. I dressed and grabbed my denture cream and re-glued my teeth. When I got downstairs I found that she had set up the breakfast nock for us to seat on.

            “Wow, this is very nice, we only have a dining room at our house.” She nodded taking the seat a crossed from me. The table was a small wicker one with matching chairs. I took my seat and smiled as the smell hit my nose. I looked up to find her already eaten.

            She looked up and stopped eating with an apologetic look. “Were you going to say Grace?” I shook my head and mumbled out feeling self-conscious. “You were waiting to see if I was.” I nodded and she placed her fork down. “If you want…” I shook my head looking down again feeling worry for the first time. “So what religion do you follow?” I frown looking back up at her and watch as she frown back confused. “What?”

            “I follow the Pagan religion.” Her face turned to curiosity and I smiled know she wasn’t freaked out by this. “Believe it or not my mother lets me.” That caused Jane’s jaw to drop and I laughed out load. “I know right.”