Chapter 23 - Welcome to Hell

“Ahhh,” left my lips softly as my eyes opened, but the brightness of the room I was laying in hurt my eyes. I shielded my eyes with my hand and sat up. As the sheet slid down my shin I became aware of the fact that I was naked. I tried to remember what happened before, but my head was killing me too much to remember.”

            But as my eyes finally cleared and the dark coldness of cement walls came clear into view. I jerked the cover over my body and jumped to my feet. I ran towards the door, that was on the other of the cold walled room, but just feet from it my left ankle jerked out from behind me, sending me face first into the hard unforgiving cement floor.

            I rolled to my side and stare back at my ankle to find a long chair shackled around it, and the end of the chain was connected to a small ring that was sticking through the middle of the floor. I jumped to my feet grabbing the chain and pulled against it, but it held strong, and soon my breath was gone. I dropped the chain falling to the floor as the hopeless settled over me. I was tripped in this place.

            “I see that you’re awake.” I turned as I heard his voice, and slowly backed away from him, as he neared holding a tray of food. His hair was still the same as I remember, and the smell that seem to come from him, had a hint of cherry. He turned to face me and sat down on the bed with a charming smile. “As you can see you’re not going anywhere unless I want you too. Also the room is completely soundproofed, so scream and cry all you want.” He pushed to his feet and walked over to one of the walls.

            As he did I took notice of the large plasma screen television, that was mounted to the cement. Next to the tv sat a small golden honey wood desk, with a silver laptop sitting on it. He opened the lid to the computer and the tv flicker, and the outside came into clear focus. “That way you can see what is going on outside. It had digital cable,” He smiled turning back to me. “But I was just not able to hook the internet.”

            He turned walking away from me towards the door. “Do make yourself at home.” As he opened the door I took notice to the long hall of stairs leading up from the door to another. With the soft click of the lock the door closed and he was gone. I crawled a short distance until I was leaning up against the cold cement wall, and cried as everything hit me all at one.

            Only one ray of sunshine seemed to shine brightly in my mind, and that was that Jane was safe. Slowly the memories of all that had happened, finally comeback to me, which left me wondering how long had I been here. I pushed to my feet and walked over to the computer. I moved the mouse-pointer down until the windows taskbar popped up, then moved it over the clock. My eyes widened as I saw that three days had passed.

            I closed my eyes hard squeezing the last of my tears free of my eyes. I took a deep breath and slowly the haze of fear cleared from my mind. And as it did, my mind seem to click into autopilot. I opened my eyes and looked carefully around, only see cement and grot. I walked slowly towards the door, until I reached the end of the chain. I would say that the door was only three feet away from me. I leaned forward stretching my arm, trying to no avail.

            “Well, I see that he thought this out.” I dropped my arm and walked back over to the wall. I turned around and sat down leaning against it. I ignored the food, even though my stomach growled with hunger, but it was only a short wait until I finally walked over to the bed. I saw my favorite foods in small portions on the tray, as if he was giving me a choice. If not for the chain I would have like to have food in bed.