Chapter 11 Sex, Invite, and Revealing Feelings

My ruby eyes shined back at me as I staring into the mirror. It’s been three days since the mass email, and I was tired of my parents hovering over me, so I felt it was time to go back to school. I was really looking forward to see Jane’s face when she saw me. She’s visited me during the three days, but she didn’t know I was coming back today, hell I just decided to do it last night, so how could she.

            I pulled up the hoodie of my clock and smiled seeing me in my Pagan robe. It was soft black fabric, almost like what they wore in Harry Potter movies, only not as plain. Mine had symbols stitched into the fabric. I turned leaving the bathroom and went down stairs to find my parents silently eating breakfast. “Good morning.” I called out as I took my seat at the table.

            “So you’re ready to go back to school huh?” Dad asked sounding uneasy about this. I smiled looking up at him.

            “I can’t hide forever, I feel that it’s time to go back.” He nodded, never denying me what I wanted. I ate my eggs that mom place in front of me with three pieces of toast.

            “Honey why are you wearing you robe for?” Mom asked trying to hide her discontent she felt about my religion.

            “Because it helps to raise my spirits. I hoping it can give me the courage to make it through the day.” She frown clearly not finding my answer satisfying, but like dad she never denied me anything, as long as it was acceptable, which still struck me as odd that she accepted me having this religion. When I finished eating dad got up and together we went to his car. Once inside he pulled out of the driveway and off we went.

            “I hope the robe helps you today.” I smiled leaning over laying my head against his arm.

            “Thanks dad.” He chuckled softly as I pulled back leaning up against the door. Other kids were standing around the front of the school, and I apprehensively got out and walked towards the door. I kept my head down so my hoodie block me from most of the people I passed, but I could still feel a few eyes tracking my movement. When I got inside I made a beeline for my locker, and as I turned down the hallway I froze in my step.

            Jane was leaning up against my locker talking to Kevin, and the outfit she wore took my breath away. She had on a light red tank-top and a very short skirt. When the lack of air made me dizzy I took a breath then started walking towards them. She looked up at me then turned back to Kevin, before jerking her head back to me. “Ashley, I didn’t know you were coming back today, and nice look with the clock, really hot looking for some reason.” I laughed.

            “What about you, can the skirt get any shorter or tighter?” She laughed and we pulled each other into a hug. “I missed you.” I whispered into her ear so Kevin couldn’t hear me.

            “Me too.” She whispered back causing me to smile.

            “So what is up with the clock anyway?” Kevin asked reaching out to grab my sleeve feeling the fabric.