Chapter 8 - Confusing Feeling, and Fear

As i said i got a lot of time on my hands, so here is the next chapter to my story. I hope you all like and keep an eye out for the next chapter that could come any day now. As always please vote and comment.

            I was frozen out of shock, with my head spinning. Jane’s lips were soft against mine, with her kiss getting harder. When she pulled back she stared into my eyes trying to see how I felt, but all she saw was the confusion behind my ruby eyes. Finally I was able to move, so I did, turning away from her and started back to her car. “Ashley?” Jane said catching up to me, but still I didn’t say anything, not even when I got into her car.

            She looked at me for a second through my door’s window, before crossing over to the driver side and got in herself. “Ashley, please say something.” Her voice was quiet, but with a pleading quite to it. I turned to look at her, but all I saw was the kiss in my head. I closed my eyes trying to understand what it was I was feeling and thinking. Jane sighed and started the car, and again looked over at me. “You want me to take you home?” I shook my head knowing that if I went home right now I wouldn’t be able to understand what had just happened.

            “I just need time to think Jane.” I finally said looking over at her again, and I could see both the fear and hope in her eyes, but I could also see something else, something I’ve only ever seen once before, and it wasn’t something I wanted to remember. I leaned back into the car seat and closed my eyes feeling the bumps of the road as Jane drove. When the car finally came to a stop and the engine stopped roaring, I opened my eyes to see that we were back at Jane’s.

            I opened my door and got out and followed her up to the door, once it was open I walked over to the couch and sat down. Jane stood at the door. “Ash, I’m sorry.” I looked up surprised by this.

            “What for?” I asked feeling my confusion growing inside me.

            “I should have never kissed you, but the day was so much fun for me, and I hadn’t had this much fun in a long time, not since my last girlfriend…” She trailed off with me just staring at her. She took a deep breath and looked up at me. “I felt something for you the moment we met, but I held back all this time, until tonight. Tonight was the best night I’ve had in a long time. As we walked through the park, I couldn’t keep my thoughts free of you, and I watched as you looked around seeing beauty in the landscape. I just couldn’t hold my feelings back any longer. I had to show you how I felt, maybe I chose the wrong way.”

            I stared at her wondering why I couldn’t understand how I felt about this, with each new bit of information my head just started to spin harder, throwing my thoughts around. “What do you feel when you look at me?” I asked quietly worried that she might not tell me. She looked up with a smile staring into my eyes.

            “I feel tripped by you sometimes, while other times I feel as if I’m dying without you near me. When you go off to your classes, I feel a hole in my chest, but when I see you at lunch that hole is filled, and it fills me with pleasure at seeing you.” I nodded looking down and took another breath.

            “And spying on me in the shower this morning?” She looked away and I could see the shame that washed down her face.

            “I had only meant to get my brush, but when I passed the door and show your body I felt trapped again. I told myself to get my brush and leave before you saw me, but my heart had taken control of my body. The way the water slid a crossed your skin was just so exciting, as was the view of your body.” She sighed and walked over to the couch taking a seat, while leaving room between us.