New Friends, New Enemies

Alright, me hearties, it's time we began the true story. Just to be clear, I own nothing nor no one no–how. (Except a few OCs.) Anyway, before we get further, I'm going to treat this story like sort of a videogame, 'cause I like to try new stuff like that. In other words, characters fighting through action-packed stages, wiping out enemies, then facing enemy bosses. I'll also be putting in parentheses a certain music soundtrack from a certain game, so to make these stages/bosses more interesting, you can choose to listen to it on YouTube, or not.

Chapter 2: New Friends, New Enemies

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The alarm clock sounded, waking galactic Earth operative, Numbuh 1/Nigel Uno. He reached over to his nightstand, switching the alarm off. "Man, what a weird dream." The bald operative said, half asleep. "Maybe just a few more minutes." He yawned as he got back in bed and went back to sleep. He was snoring away until...

"WAKEY, WAKEY!" Gabe exclaimed as he burst into his new room and dumped a glass of water on him, startling Numbuh 1 awake. "C'mon, Nigel! The Supreme Galactic Leader has a new mission for you!"

"Numbuh 74.239, can't this wait until later? It's 7:00 in the morning!"

"In Earth hours, but in Galaxia hours, it's only 10:00!"

"What the crud are Galaxia hours?! This galaxy spreads over thousands of light-years, time-zones are totally different for each planet!"

"Whatever, all we know is it's 10:00 here, so you need to get up."

"That's still too early for me! Now, will you go away? You were annoying enough as a human!" Nigel exclaimed. He had been serving in GKND for 3 months already, and he was still in shock that Numbuh 74.239 was really an alien in human form. You think you know a guy. He thought to himself. The shock wasn't as great with Numbuh Infinity. In the short time he's known him, Numbuh 1 always thought he was hiding something.

"You can sleep later Numbuh 1." Infinity, in his Wisp form, said, coming in. "Numbuh 256 has an important mission for you."

Speak of the devil, Nigel thought to himself. "Well, tell her dimension-bending-freak-faceness that I'm not interested." The bald Brit replied.

Infinity sighed. "Look, Numbuh 1, no one here likes her right away, but you'll get used to her, eventually. (I'm still trying to get used to her. And I've been working here for AGES!)"

"Fine." Numbuh 1 sighed. "Just let me get dressed, first." And with that, Gabe and Jeremy exited the room. As he was getting out of bed, he turned to his left and looked at pictures of his friends and family sitting on the shelf with a sad expression. One picture was of him and Sector V in the Treehouse living room. One was a family photo of him, his parents, and Numbuh 10 and her parents (in which the two cousins were holding two fingers above each others' heads (you know, that little prank some people do in photos)). Another photo was of him doing a victory pose after beating Harvey in a chilidog eating contest. One photo was of him being hugged to death by his ex-girlfriend, Lizzie (he wanted to keep that, for some reason), while the other photo was of him and Rachel at an amusement park, when Rachel tried to cheer him up after his breakup with Lizzie.

Nigel gave a depressed sigh after looking at that particular photo. He missed his old Supreme Leader most of all, for some reason. He didn't know if it was because she seemed more than a friend... or if it was because of his new leader. After staring at the picture long enough, he went and washed his face in the nearby bathroom, put on his new outfit, grabbed the bag of 2x4-technology Numbuh 2 gave him, and headed out to the Supreme Leader's office.