Unexpected Vacation

Yay, we're back! Here, some stuff will happen and we should get to the next planet next time.

Chapter 18: Unexpected Vacation

Numbuh 10's House

Eva Roberts was shocked. The redheaded news anchor's mouth drooped open in speechlessness. Numbuh 11.0 had told her everything. "So, that's where he is." she finally spoke. Kade nodded. Eva stood up, staring through her window to the starry sky. "Fighting to save the universe in some faraway galaxy."

"Yeah, pretty much." Kade replied.

Eva then turned to him, curiously. "Kade, how long did you know about this?"

"Uhhh, I think it was a few days before he left."

"What?" she replied, sounding angry. "You knew all this time and you never told me?"

"Eva, I'm sorry. It's just-"

"Why didn't you tell me?!" she was fuming now. "I could've been there! I could've been there to say good-bye! If I knew someone important to me was going to go away for a long time and might never come back, don't you think I'd want to say good-bye?!"

"I knew that, Eva! It's just-"

"Just what?! Some scientists' code? Some little code you and your dorky friends came up with that involves keeping really big secrets from your best friend that involves someone they care about?!" she spoke very fast, voice full of hurt. "Why didn't you tell me, Kade?"

"Because of Dimentia!"

She rose an eyebrow in surprise. "Who?"

"Numbuh 256, Dimentia. The GKND's Supreme Leader. When Numbuh 74.239 and the scientists told me about this, and not to tell anyone, I told them that I'd tell only you and no one else. When their leader heard this, she came down and said that if I told you, she'd have us both decommissioned, and I really didn't want us to forget each other. You're my best friend, Eva. (Not to mention probably the only girl who knows I exist!)"

"...Then... why are you telling me now?"

"Because... I couldn't stand to see you this upset anymore. I just want you to be happy."

She gave a weak smile. "Well... thanks for being a good friend, anyway."

"So, you're not mad?"

She walked over and gave him a warming hug. "No. I don't think I'd want to forget you, either." After seconds had passed, she let go and looked out the window. "Still... My cousin serving in the Galactic Kids Next Door. Boy, do I ever feel sorry for making gossip about him. He didn't deserve it."

Kade chuckled. "I'll tell you who does deserve it: Dimentia! When I first saw her, I was like, 'Hey! Who's the creepy clown with the weird face?'"

Eva couldn't help but laugh at this. "Was she really that freaky-looking?"

"Totally! You should've seen her fashion sense! I'm not really too into that stuff, but I've seen better!"

She laughed again. "Well, you've certainly gotten better with the jokes. So, you... wanna go get that pizza?"

"Don't I always?? Best friend foreva'?"

"Foreva' and EVA'??"

"My name's not Eva!!" he yelled. Numbuh 10 gave a joyous laugh, and the two raced out of the house.

The shadow being, from under the bed still, flew up out of the window and back into space. He drew out his sword and said to it, "I guess it's true what they say, Exor: love conquers all. But now I fear that those two will be in great trouble if Dimentia finds out." He chuckled. "How ironic is it that I of all spirits would fear something?"