Meet Dib!

'Kay, people, time to begin the desert world of this story. Soon as we clear a space segment. By the way, imagine that Nigel is making a ton of Bolts for every enemy he kills. XP Play the "Sargasso Space Hideout" from Star Fox: Assault. Here we go.

Chapter 7: Meet Dib!

Galactic Offense, Act 2

Mission: Reach Planet Secco!

The two operatives were off on their ships again, charging through an even bigger fleet of Irkens. Several giant ships fired at Nigel's Arwing, but he performed barrel rolls and deflected their shots. "I'll try and cover from above." Ava said, flying straight upward.

"Good luck, Ava. I'll just break through." A series of 10 small ships were coming at Nigel from behind. The bald Brit flew over a big ship and went downward, then made a series of turns around more flagships, but the Irkens stayed on his tail. However, he was able to hide behind one of the flagships and let the Irkens go past. He got behind the Irkens and dealt away with them with a single Smart Bomb.

"All ships launch the force-fields. Invader Tak wants Secco's atmosphere secure." At his command, the flagships dropped generators up ahead, creating a series of barriers to block Nigel's path. Nigel rapidly began to shoot the generators to make the shields vanish. There were too many coming up, so Nigel was forced to shoot Smart Bombs and blow the generators away. He was able to get past the shields as he was coming up to another flagship, which seemed to be firing missiles directly upwards. More missiles were attacking the flagship from above, and the ship began sinking as Ava flew down.

Nigel flew by the ship to the next squad of flagships. Hatches opened on the ships and released more giant combat robots. The robots zipped around side-to-side and fired at Nigel, but he dodged and locked on with energy missiles, successfully shooting down the two robots. Two lines of robots emerged from ships up ahead, swerving back and forth as Nigel flew between them. They tried to shoot him, but he performed more barrel rolls and shot some of them with his Arwing.

"Captain's Log: I feel cold... and it's dark... and lonely... out here in space."

"What are you doing?" Ava asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just making up a little captain's log."

"Are all of you humans so dramatic?"

Nigel was currently flying below some flagships that had satellites latched on the bottom. The satellites aimed at the Brit and released sonic waves, which made his ship shake. Nigel took aim and fired energy missiles at the satellites to wipe them out. He barrel-rolled to avoid other sonic waves as they flew past. Up ahead, another combat robot emerged from a flagship, protected by a green shield. "He's quick, be careful." Ava cautioned. Nigel tried to fire an energy missile, but the robot swiftly avoided as he countered at Nigel. Nigel hit him with lasers and dealt some damage to his shield. When he eventually broke the shield, the robot stopped in place in an instant, attempting to make Nigel crash, but Nigel quickly slipped out of the way.

"The fact that all these big ships throw so little fire makes them seem kinda lazy." Ava said.

"Lazy?! Men: show her just how... WHAT'RE YOU TWO LAZIN' AROUND FOR?! Get off autopilot and stop readin' that junk!"

"We will, Sir."

"In a sec."

"Duuugh."

"Okay, I think we're almost at Secco's atmosphere." Ava said as they closed in on the massive, light-brown planet. "Just a few more ships to go and... what's that?!"