Enter: Star Wolf

I forgot to mention, a lot of people get this wrong, but "wherefore" means "why", not where. I know it sounds weird, but that's what it is. Anyway, let's get on with the show, we're entering the next dungeon. Let's go.

Chapter 12: Enter: Star Wolf

The gang continued to trek through the icy fields. Nigel and Luvbi had caught up with Ava and Dib (who still questioned why they didn't park NEAR the Ice Palace), and continued to follow Luvbi. As the four were moving through a terrible blizzard, Luvbi stopped and said, "But soft! Therein is something that waits for us."

On that cue, a group of six White Wolfos popped up out of the snow and surrounded the heroes. The team readied for battle as the wolves slowly circled them. As the wolves were about to jump at them, a roar was heard in the distance, and the wolves evacuated. "What do you think that was?" Nigel asked. The team then heard the sound of large stomping.

They looked to see the shadow of a large monster coming their way out of the darkness of the blizzard. Once it was close enough, it was revealed to be a yeti with white fur, blue skin in the spots where the skin was bare, big black eyes, and sharp teeth. The team backed away in slight fear of the monster. "WHITE WOLFOS. THEY VICIOUS CREATURES. YOU LUCKY I SHOW UP, UH." The yeti spoke in a loud voice.

"Uhhh, thanks?" Nigel replied, confused.

"NO MENTION IT! IT NOT EVERY DAY WE HAVE STRANGE VISITORS ON PLANET, UH. WHY STRANGE PEOPLE COME TO FROZEN PLANET? IT NOT GREAT PLACE FOR VACATION IF NOT YETI LIKE ME, UH."

"You're a real yeti?!" Dib asked.

"MM-HM. ME YETO. I AM YETI, UH. WHO ARE YOU?"

"We're, uh, looking for a Star Piece?" Nigel answered, still unsure about this creature.

"STAR PIECE? OH! YOU MEAN BIG, SHINY STAR THAT ICE KING FIND OTHER DAY, UH?"

"Yea, that is the one. Doth thou know quickest route to yonder palace?" Luvbi asked.

"UH, UH, UH, UH, UH, UH! SURE! IT JUST DOWN THIS HILL, UH!" he replied as he pointed down a steep hill.

"Great. More walking." Nigel replied.

"NO WALK. WE SLED THERE, UH. IT MORE FUN."

"But we don't have sleds!"

"THEN USE ICE LEAVES! DO LIKE ME, UH! COME ON!" With that, Yeto punched a nearby tree with large, frozen leaves, and the leaves fell out. Yeto hopped on one and used it as a sled down the hill.

"Soundeth like a plan." Luvbi said as she landed on a sled and forced it down the hill with her wind. "Catchest me if thou canst!"

Nigel and Ava then ran to two more sleds and began sliding down. Dib, however, just activated his mechanical skis from before and used them. Soon, the whole team was sliding down the hill. (Play the "Snowboard Race" theme from Rayman 3!)

"Methinks I will reacheth the bottom first!" Luvbi shouted before blowing herself farther.

Nigel, Ava, and Dib tried their best to keep up with each other, trying to reach the bottom first, while avoiding trees, rocks, and ice soldiers who were trying to stop them. The path down the mountain made a tight turn to the right, so the group made a careful turn on their boards. The four came to a small gap in the ground and had to jump it, with Nigel using a ramp to shoot across, the Brit making several turns in the air before landing on the snow. The track became more wide open ahead as Ice Keese and large ice statues, called Freezards, guarded the area. A Freezard blew an ice breath at Ava as she came by, but she swiftly slid by the ice monster, who missed by a few inches. Dib was coming to one of the Freezards, and he tried to ski to the left, but he could barely turn his skis sideways before the tips of them hit the Freezard, and he ended up skiing backwards.