The Rocky Relationship of Tak and Zim

You know what I really like about FanFiction over YouTube? If there's something you regret putting in your story, a little editing and BOOM! It never existed! Anyway, it's time to head into the next dungeon, where we learn a new ability, then fight the first phase of our boss.

Chapter 8: The Rocky Relationship of Tak and Zim

It was a peaceful morning in Cleveland, Virginia. Mr. Uno stepped out of his home to retrieve the morning paper. At the same time, his next door neighbor was retrieving the morning paper as well and happily greeted Mr. Uno. "'Mornin', Mr. Uno!"

"Ah, good day to you, Mr. Bobbington! Wonderful weather we're having, eh wot?"

"It sure is, Mr. Uno! Say, I haven't seen your son in a while. Where is he?"

"Hmmm, why, I don't recall having a son. Just a few children that come over to play up in that tree house."

His neighbor gave a weird look. "Okay, well... have a nice day, I guess." With that, the two adults went back into their homes.

Once Mr. Uno was inside, he gave an angry expression. Mrs. Uno came in and asked, "So, Dear, how was getting the paper?"

"I can't take it anymore, Dark Blue! Another minute of hanging around with these adults and I'll turn to dust in an instant!"

"Oh, calm down, Brown! Dimentia said we could come to the base as soon as all of Nigel's friends have been decommissioned!"

"But why do we have to hang around here? Has Dimentia even thought this whole thing through?" After speaking, they heard a strange beeping sound coming from the TV. "Ah, speak of the space devil!"

"Let's go see what she wants, dear." With that, they walked over to the TV, switching it on, showing none other than the figure of Dimentia.

"So, Uno clones, how are things down there?"

"Terrible, Dimentia!" answered Monty Clone, or Brown. "I can't stand these adults anymore! When can we return to base?"

"Patience, Brown. As soon as decommissioning time comes for Nigel's friends, you can return as simple as that!"

"But it's hard enough pretending to be decommissioned adults. Why must we pretend to be decommissioned adults who don't remember their son?"

"So, that the scientists don't have to worry about his parents going crazy over losing their son out of nowhere."

"But the longer we keep up this charade, the more suspicious people will get! His cousin, for instance, has been visiting here every now and then asking if he's home. We kept turning her away, but she's only getting more desperate. At one point, she tried to climb in through the window of Nigel's old room, looking for clues that he was here. Now, every time we hear a knock at the door, it's either Number 10 or some guy in tights riding a horse, trying to sell us... unspeakables."

"Don't worry about her. I had a feeling that reporter would start investigating her cousin's disappearance, so I thought I'd let Number 11.0 in on the GKND as well to keep her from digging too deep. Of course, he has no idea what we're really doing."

"But are you quite certain 11.0 will keep the secret? He is as much as a reporter as Number 10 is."

"He WILL keep the secret. Especially if he knows what's good for him AND Number 10."

"Yes, well, even so. Why can't we just let everyone in on the GKND? I mean, it's not like they'll go through all the trouble of trying to find our base."