Galaxia's Light

Welcome back, everyone! It's time to confront Dimentia!

Chapter 29: Galaxia's Light

Nigel stepped into the throne room, wherein stood the Nega Machine with Jirachi in the core, Nega Wisp containers connecting to it, and the Supreme Leader herself sitting in her throne, sipping a glass of Dream Water. Despite the fact the roof was blown off the place, the air seemed rather fresh. "So... you've finally come. I knew you would." Dimentia said.

Nigel stepped a little closer and held up his S.H.O.O.T.E.R.. "Well, you did choose me for a reason."

"Mmm, yes. I did, didn't I? Looks like I made the right choice, yet again." She took another sip of the water. "So, what now? Here to overthrow me? Bring me in for decommissioning? Use my own invention for creating misery against me?"

Nigel was silent for a moment and held his gun down. "No. Not yet. First, I need to ask you something. Why are you doing this? I thought the purpose of the GKND was to save the universe from evil."

"I AM saving the universe from evil!"

"You're destroying it!"

"Let's face it, Number 1. We're all destined to grow up eventually. Everything's destined to become dust. It's like you said: you're only a kid once. But it doesn't have to be like that. There doesn't have to be any more misery. Not anymore. Once Zathura swallows this universe, I can make a whole new one where no one nor nothing has to grow up and get old! We never have to worry about adults or anything that can make us miserable! Especially not love."

"But what will this accomplish? Everything has to get old eventually. Even if you do stay a kid forever, you're going to grow up. All you're doing is killing kajillions of people for selfish and stupid reasons! It won't change a thing!"

"I've been a kid for more than a million years, and I still act like one! I'm willing to take my chances. Perhaps THIS will change your mind!" Dimentia stood from her throne and fired a blast of magic at Nigel. When he opened his eyes, he saw the area was changing to a beautiful forest where the ocean was in sight, with kids running around and sliding down slides (similar to Operation: A.R.C.H.I.V.E.).

"Pretty sweet, isn't it?" Nigel looked over to see Dimentia floating in a nearby river, surrounded by kids. "Now, doesn't this look MUCH better than living with boring adults adults?" she asked as she walked up to him.

"...No. This isn't real!"

"No, it's not. But it could be. It could be all ours."

"...But-"

"Think about it, Nigel! A world with NO adults! A world where all kids are free to be kids! Free to eat candy and ice cream, play videogames, watch TV, and play on playgrounds whenever we want, and not have to worry about going to bed, or eating our vegetables, or doing chores, or going to school! Nothing but pure, unparalleled freedom! And when Zathura destroys the old universe and lets this all be so, we'll be the center of it all!" She went up to him and held her hand out. "Just take my hand, Number 1! And I'll take you to that whole new world! Your perfect utopia!"

Nigel looked away from her and began to think. He didn't really know what to do. If he let Dimentia make her world, their really might not be any more pain and suffering. But... the images of his friends and family burned in his mind. From going to the beach with Sector V, fishing with his dad, talking to Eva at Sector J, and, most of all, being with Rachel.

"What's the point of the perfect world if all my friends are dead?!" At this, the illusion vanished and turned back to Dimentia's throne. "I'm NOT letting you destroy them and I WILL bring you down!" With that, he attempted to punch Dimentia, but she jumped back. Afterwards, she went over to the machine where a mechanical device, which looked like a scepter's handle, lied on the ground. Dimentia stuck the Star Rod in this device and hooked several cords around it. Jirachi screamed as negative energy was transported from him to the Star Rod. Afterwards, she fired an electric blast at Nigel, making him scream in pain.