Chapter 21

"Xita let me get your fries," Tobiance said, realizing he had forgotten to get his own, and when he reached across to grab them, she didn't even try to stop him, her eyes trained on the watch she had bought him. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't super fucking expensive either, just a watch that was supposed to be around two hundred and fifty, but she got it for eighty, same with Micah's ring. 

"Since you being nice," Micah reached across the table and grabbed her chocolate milk. Ever since the day she had sex with Mason, he been acting like he was her nigga, but she didn't really stop him, and she still wasn't talking to Tony like usual, and she was sick of Booney and his shit. 

"Shit, well if you don't mind," Angel picked up one of the chocolate chip cookies off her tray and Xita just picked at her baked potato. Though her brothers and Angel were all concerned about Xita, they knew she wouldn't talk unless she felt the need to. 

Letting out a sigh, her eyes scanned the cafeteria, finding Hoodie's usual seat before looking back down at her plate. She was missing him something serious, though it was her fault that they hadn't been talking. All week, she had been ducking and dodging him, sitting with Angel in her English class, and no longer going to the library to sit with him. She just felt like it would be awkward now. 

They didn't even text like they used to, because Tony felt like he was wasting his time anyways. If she was done, so was he. The texts were almost non existent, unless she texted first. He wouldn't even look in her direction anymore, and it really messed with her, because she would always be in class and find herself staring at him. She didn't know what it was exactly, but she liked him even though she felt like she barely knew him. 

Another sigh left her mouth as she thought about the day that Booney had stopped them. What if they did have sex? What would it have been like? What if Booney hadn't showed up? Would she have not had sex with Mason? How would they be together at this very moment?

"Man, sis you need to get out of this funk though," Tobiance finally broke into her train of thought, making her look up at him. "It's cause of Tony right? I know it is," he asked and answered himself. "I'm trying to be nice and not find him and beat his ass, but only because you won't tell me what happened. He might not have done anything, but shit I know you acting like this because of him, so as of right now, I don't mind whooping his ass," he explained, before taking another bite of his pizza. 

"He ain't do nothing," she shook her head, and looked back up at her plate when something told her to look up and when she did, her eyes connected with Tony's. 

He stared right back into hers, not really knowing what to do. He really wasn't feeling too happy about the way they fell out, but at the same time, he enjoyed Xita's company. He was drinking a little more, only to feel guilty, which in turn, made him drink a little more. 

When he did drink, it made him think of Xita's smile, her laugh, the roll of her eyes, and how she would bite her lip almost all the time, the shit was sexy. Then, he'd think of how she pretty much just gave up on him, for no reason at all, she just gave up, even when she seemed to be so interested, she didn't even put up a little bit of a fight. She just tried to let it go. 

He wanted to let her go, he tried, but it was something about her. Maybe her innocence. Not even that she was innocent, just naiive, but he liked it. She was nice, easy to talk to, easy to make smile, it was just easy with her, and he didn't feel like he had to pretend. 

He knew everyone was looking at him, but he really didn't care. He just wanted to talk to her again, so he began making his way over to her table, making Xita's breathing and heart change pace. She couldn't tell if it picked up or it just stopped all together. Time seemed to speed up, but at the same time it was still going too slow.