Chapter 28

It had been damn near three weeks and Booney nor Serenity had even hit up Xita. She texted Serenity once, she didn't reply and she texted Booney everyday for a week straight and he never replied. It was obvious that he had dropped her like a bad habit. Even though Xita helped a little, seeing as her and her family was better off now and moving to a new place, she was going to miss her income coming from escorting. She had half a mind to just keep doing it.

She had already been to the clinic got her prescription and everything and cleared of chlamydia. She had also already talked to both Mason and Tony, and the big grizzly bear dude, and the one customer she slept with without a condom. They all had a right to know.

Tony was cool with it, because he got tested immediately after having sex with her, even though they had used a condom, he didn't take any chances at all when it came to that. Nothing changed between them at all, and Xita was extremely greatful for that.

All Mason had said was, thanks for telling me, and never hit her up unless she hit him up first and even then, his replies were always short and nonchalant. She couldn't help but wonder what was going on with them, but she wasn't going to try for something that he didn't want. She thought they were friends, but what else could she really expect after telling him the situation.

She was walking into the cafeteria when she heard her name being called. Looking up, she saw Angel and Dalane (Duh-Lay-Nee) sitting at their usual table. Dalane was a new girl in school and even though Angel met her first and introduced the two, Xita and Dalana just clicked like they had been knowing each other all their lives.

"Sup bitches!" Xita said sitting down at the table. She had so much more confidence now, she didn't know if it came from Hoodie always telling her she should be whoever she wanted to be and always complimenting her, or from all that she had been through with Escorting. The new friends, clothes, and money or just being around people that weren't family, but still accepted you.

"What yo ass smiling like that for? You musta got some dick or something," Dalane said as soon as Xita sat down.

"Language!" Angel chastised before turning back to Xita. "So what yo ass smiling for?" She asked, Xita making her laugh.

"No reason. Just having a good day is all," She shrugged. "Its Friday! I don't have work today! School is almost out! Why y'all bitches ain't smiling like me?" She asked, just as the bell rang to go to class.

"Okay before y'all go its this thing going on tonight at this club called The Mix, y'all should come. I'll text y'all in class," Dalane said before they all went their seperate ways.

In her creative writing class with Dalane, she filled Xita in on the party, but she wasn't really feeling like going and told Dalane that. "You ain't no fun," Dalane complained, leaning back in her seat. She really didn't want to go because she was trying to save all the money she could.

She knew if she went out, she'd most likely buy a whole new outfit, then she'd pay her way in and get someone of age to buy her plenty of drinks, and she didn't need that. "I'm broke," she shrugged and continued on with her poem.

"I feel you, I guess," Dalana mumbled. We should hang out tomorrow then," she asked hopefully. Dalane was a pretty dark skinned girl with a short natural tapered hair style but it was cute on her, especially with the honey brown color.

"Cool, what you want to do?" Xita asked, looking up at her.

"We can just chill at my house. I would say the mall, but you broke," She rolled her eyes smiling, making Xita laugh, but immediately stopped.

"Tomorrow isn't good. I'm moving tomorrow into the new house remember. Maybe Sunday?"

"Sunday is cool, you can come Saturday night and spend the night and we can go to my church in the morning." Dalane said. Dalane was one of those preacher's daughters, with a little bit of a wild side.