Chapter 13: The first key

We looked at the remains of Bowser Castle. We knew what we had to do. We found the entrance and went inside. It looked spooky and deserted.

"Where could that crown thingy be?" Asked Starlow.

"Don't know, but it must be somewhere in Bowser Castle," I said.

"Well, if you haven't already noticed, Bowser Castle is huge!" Said Rosalina.

"Hey, I think I know where it is!" Said Kamek.

She took us down broken stairways, through tight holes and down creaky corridors before we reached a little round tower room.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"This is my room. And this is the crown that I've had for basically forever. Bowser gave it to me. He said that it was important, and needed to be looked after carefully. He gave it to me for safekeeping," said Kamek.

"Look, it's glowing!" Said Peach.

We looked at the little silver crown. It had 4 gems on it, with numbers on. Two were glowing a bright blue colour.

"Oh no! I think that Mario and Luigi have the second key!" I said.

"We must find the keys before them!" Said Rosalina.

"But how? We don't know what the other keys are, or where they are!" Said Starlow.

"No, but we have a pretty good idea of what they'll look like!" I said.

I told them that they'll have something on them that will have numbers on.

"You're right, Daisy! Great idea!" Said Kamek.

"But where should we look?" Asked Peach.

"How about in your castle, Peach?" Said Starlow.

"Yes. My castle's huge, there's bound to be a key in it!" Said Peach.

So we left for Peach's castle to look for the third key.