Chapter 22

Nico's P.O.V.

As soon as I'm suited up, I run back to Chiron. I realized that I never did ask for directions to the cave.

"Here's a map," Chiron said, simply. I looked at it. I was going to go east into the woods and outside of the camp boundaries.

"But I though you said it was in camp." I said.

"But it's filled with monsters. So it's technically inside camp but not within the boundaries," Chiron replied.

I ran twords the forest. There shouldn't be many hard monsters to defeat if it was only on the outskirts of camp. And I'd have Apollo's help. And Will will be safe. Just the thought of having Will back into my arms. Just the thought of kissing him one more time. It brought a smile to my face. I didn't want anything to happen to him. If Will died, I would be broken. And you can never completely fix what is broken. There will always be a few cracks.

The first thing I came across in the forest was a Wood Nymph. I think it was Juniper, but I didn't ask because I, honestly, didn't care. Call me rude, or whatever, but I have social anxiety and I didn't want to start up a conversation about nature and Artemis and the Hunters with a nymph.

It was around five in the evening when I came across the cave. I was expecting to see Apollo at the entrance, but I only saw a car... that was on fire. It was a Ferrari. Yellow, new, and very nice. But I would have still preferred shadow traveling. The only problem is that I'm still too weak to shadow travel more than two miles. I tossed the map at the entrance of the cave. It didn't have any use now.

I carefully walked into the cave. I walked into it for about five yards. That's when I encountered my first monster.

It was a cyclops. It walked twords me. I pulled out my sword, thinking that there was only one. But as it got closer, I could see two more flanking it. There was no way that I could fight all of them off. I had to run.

I looked around for something that might help. All I could find was spoils of war. Such as a head of a cyclops, or an arm. Wait... if they are still hear, then they must be fresh spoils. Which can only mean that Apollo is nearby. Well, Apollo or Annabeth.

"O, God Apollo, please save me from being brutally murdered by Percy's siblings," I said. I had to add in "Percy's siblings". I mean, the family resemblance was obviously there.

There was no answer from any sort of devine creature.

I was freaking out. I couldn't take on the monsters and I don't think they're going to let me pass. There is only one thing for me to do.

I waited. I waited for the moment when there would be a gap in their formation.

And I ran.

I ran until I could find a place in the shadows the hide. I hoped it worked, too. Because I could hear huge, loud footsteps behind me.

I held my breath as the three cyclops passed in front of me. It hurt to see them, too. They looked like Tyson. Except one had red hair, and the other two were blondes. The red head looked at me, like it saw something. It sniffed me. It's nose nearly touching my shirt. It passed by me and I let out a loud breath. Then I remembered the blonde cyclops. I had completely forgotten about them.

I held my breath, hoping that they weren't smart enough to relize where it came from. But I guess today wasn't my lucky day.

Blonde #1 looked at me, and touched my nose. That made my nose bleed because the cyclops's touch feels like a Godly slap or something. The other two cyclops smelled the blood and came rushing over twords me. Once they found me they started to stare at me creepily. But how can a cyclops stare not be creepy? The have one huge eye. Only one. And it's creepy!

But I was totally taken by surprise at what happened next. I was expecting to be eaten. I couldn't get to my sword because I was too stupid to draw it beforehand. But they couldn't just eat me. No, they had to hit me over the head with its fist. And I swear to all of the Gods that a cyclops fist is way worst than any type of club. Then they had to drag me off as I passed out.

Great hosts, am I right?

_______________________________________________

(A/N) Hint: Nico isn't being dragged to Python's lair.
I had to put that for all of my telepathic friends out there. (*coughnobodyinparticularcough*)

Hope you people have been enjoying the story! Leave any suggestions in the comments!