Chapter 39

Nico's P.O.V.

As I walk into the room, I look around. "Will?" I call out. No answer.

At first.

"What? Where am I? Nico? How did this happen?" It was Will's voice. I ran over to him.

"Will! I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Nico di Angelo," I said, crouching down next to him. The next thing I new, I was having his lips smashed against mine. Out lips moving in harmony.

"Will?" I asked, confused once we separated.

"I remember," he said. "I think. It's confusing. I remember losing my memory. I remember before I lost it. I don't remember how I got here."

I helped him stand up. Tears flowed down my face. It felt so good to have his hand in mine. I helped him walk to the door. It seemed like he hadn't stood up in a while.

I pressed on the door to open it.

I wish I hadn't.

As soon as the door swung open, there it was. I don't know why I expected better. We were dealing with Gods'! I looked at all of it's heads. One by one.

The Hydra.

There was no way in Hades that I could defeat that thing. Why would the Gods make me defeat it in the first place? Just for some fun? Just because they were bored?

"Run."

That was my only command to Will. If he made it out alive, I'd be fine. But Will shook his head and grabbed a piece of rock and some tore off a piece of cloth from his shirt.

What was he doing?

I looked as he dashed around looking for something. He looked so... wow. He still had his perfect shape, despite what he'd been through.

I thought about forgetting about the Hydra. Just watching Will.

But then I nearly got decapitated seven times at once. All seven of the Hydra's heads came at me. I barely dodged them. I sliced at the Hydra's neck, not to cut it off, but to hurt it. If you slice off a Hydra's head, it'll only grow two mors. Unless you burn the stump, that is.

Burn the stump...

That's what Will was doing! He was trying to make a torch!

I only had to keep the Hydra at bay for a bit.

I was tiring real fast. I could only keep this up for a little longer. All of my muscles screamed in pain. I was breathing really hard.

"Will! Hurry!" I called.

That's when it happened. The Hydra struck. It was so fast, with so many heads, I could barely comprehend what was happening. I felt Will standing behind me. I grabbed him. This was probably going to end me, but I was going to try to do it for Will.

I shadow traveled to Camp Half-Blood.

________________________________________________

(A/N) Okay, I have decided I will only have one more chapter. Two, if you guys want an epilogue.

I don't wanna do an epilogue. It ruins the point of devastating people by not telling them how you want the rest of somebody's life to go.

If I do an epilogue it's gonna be something like:

Will slipped on a banana peel and died at the ripe age of seventy.

Nico was single for the rest of life until he got killed by choking on a pomegranate. The end.

Also tell me if you want the last chapter now or later. ^-^