When life was too good and something had to go wrong

Wayo's P.O.V ~

Ming stares hopelessly at me as I lazily tap my pen on the fake marble surface of the reception, both of us watching the clock like a bomb will go off if we don't. "You are so smitten with your doctor NaNa it hurts, and makes me vomit rainbows uncontrollably, even me and Kit as new boyfriends don't act like that. Maybe it's because we both just confessed that we liked each other and got on with life.", he laments mockingly, sighing apathetically.

My eyes widen significantly, and Phana's words at one of our meetings run through my head at that exact moment, that Ming and Kit will definitely end up loving each other by the end of operation PhaYo. "You and Kitty kat are dating! That's wonderful, there will be someone to go on double dare to SOTUS restaurant when P'Pha confesses he loves me. Oh my gawd maybe Beam and his partner can tag along too.", I squeal happily. Beam is engaged to one of the hospital engineering team, Forth, we have been told his real name but it is too much to remember honestly. All that matters is that he loves my new friend Beam Baramee for who he is, like Kit loves Ming and Phana​ will hopefully love me.

Contradictory to his words, he eye rolls and joins me in counting the five minutes to lunch, letting small smiles decorate his lips as the time for lunch gets closer. I leave my reality behind and enter my dreams of life with Phana, for the last few minutes before everything could change. It has been a week of lunch 'meetings' and even lunch with Ming can't make up for the aching gap in my heart when I don't have Phana Kongthanin opposite me eating Pad Thai with extra chilli. Dinner and breakfast are currently meals I eat alone, but I endeavour to change that for good. He and I both deserve another human to share life with, male and male or not, he can share his accomplishments with me and he can tell me good things when I feel down.

There is a bad feeling in the atmosphere on the way to the restaurant, SOTUS again because of how amusing and cute Kongpob and Arthit are when they bicker over small matters like Kong staring at female customers too long and then proudly declaring his love for his Ai'Oon once again. My heart keeps telling me something is very wrong when we arrive at the restaurant but our dinner company is not there, as Kit is also always on time, in fact, often early. It's ten minutes of sipping iced water and nervous waiting when my iPhone 6s rings, playing a cheesy love song Ming put on there as a prank and that I haven't been bothered to change since.

My eyes widen when I listen to the caller and Ming sends desperately sends me questioning glances, practically begging me to share the conversation with me. "Thank you, we will be there as soon as possible.", I manage to stammer with all the self control I can muster. It takes several deep breaths to not burst into tears and bring out emotions from the unforgotten memories of my early childhood, and that should never be released again. However, I pull myself together for Ming as I can see him start to hyperventilate from the suspense.

"Phana and Kit were hit by another car coming here, they are at the hospital as of now.", I choke out, releasing the flood of tears that has been building up behind a dam of self control.

[A/N: I did say angst with happy ending remember 😉. I couldn't kill of Phana even if my life demanded it LOL!]