P'Pha gets sick.. again

Wayo's P.O.V ~

I know that I am a man in natural classification, but sometimes I feel more like a naggy wife, a woman in mind but trapped in a male body. Especially when my dumbass "manly" husband gets himself in trouble because he refuses to use his common sense and goes at every task he receives like he has been personally challenged in a war of alpha male egos. Usually this would entail being beat black and blue in a fight of strength and skill, but no, for my handsome doctor hubby, this is a bit different. He was asked to operate on a patient with the flu and appendicitis in accident and emergency since there was a shortage of surgeons and he has the necessary qualifications even if he does not push for the job of surgeon, which would be fine. However, from previous experience, he and I should both know he gets sick easily. His strong appearance is misleading sometimes and from my nursing experience before we got married I know that when he is working hard, he tends to neglect his health, as I do occasionally, despite the attempts I make to fill him with nutritionally balanced food at home and work in his homemade lunches.

Anyway, that's my inner naggy wife speaking and while my inner naggy female equivalent moans about how stupid my hot shot hubby can be, shit is going down. The important bit of this is Phana ended up with the flu from his post operative check ups with said patient, and tried to ignore the symptoms like before, till he almost fainted and Kit called me at home on my day off. I sighed at his incredible lack of sense for his own well-being, and drove the brand new Audi R8 V10, that my father brought me upon hearing about our marriage, to pick up my dumb husband. Lifting a fully grown and muscled adult man up is hard and lucky for me, Ming and Beam helped by finding a spare stretcher to carry him to the car on. They helped lay Pha across the back seats, covered in blankets and propped up on a pile of other blankets, and sent me home with my idiot. Yes I admire his brains but seriously wonder if he has any common sense in his sinfully attractive body.

It's two hours after we get in the apartment, with much struggle as I had to basically carry a sleeping Phana burrito out of the car and into the lift to the fifth floor where we live. I do like last time, and undress him in bed to the point of being comfortable and give him a sponge bath to cool his fever that is currently slightly too high to be considered healthy. Settling on the bed next to him, I hit the button on the remote to raise the built in flat screen TV of our expensive upholstered bed and continue watching medical examiner Dr Qin. It's a great show and if you ignore the terrible fake corpses it's extremely educational and entertaining when Qin and his team argue among themselves. Phana stirs a little beside me, groaning as the light filters through his sensitive eyes, the flu making him more cranky and temperamental than normal.

"What in hells name is banging in my poor head, did I massacre a village in my past life to deserve this pain, ooh Wayo what happened?", he moans. Such a man thing, whining when you get yourself sick and denying it was self inflicted, but I ignore the idea of kicking him under the covers and instead play caring wifey Wayo as my duty requires me to do so. He looks so cute with the duvet up to his chin and damp bangs almost covering his eyes, tucked in like a small child and playing the adorableness card in a successful counter attack against my dying irritability.

When I tell him Kit called me because he fainted in the staff canteen, he first pales at the thought of another mother Kit lecture slash rant, then gives me puppy eyes so I forgive him, knowing my weakness is a cute Phana Kongthanin. I feed him tea and chicken noodle soup to begin, and use the opportunity to feed him up a little bit since his ribs were playing peekaboo earlier when I changed him. I can't help but worry about if he didn't have someone to take care of him, seeing as he has ignored minor ailments to the point of collapsing twice now and both times have been helpless. That's part of my mission in life, to ensure Phana has a long happy life.

He recovers quickly, and within three days he is back to normal, but not allowed back at work for another few days after Kit blackmailed director Waii with incriminating photos of him and P'New in the janitors closet. It's more of a question of why they were in the closet when the director gets a mini bedroom in his office, and surely a bed is more comfortable. I take the chance to stuff a huge quantity of glutinous and nutritious food down his throat, and enjoy some precious romance we miss out on, like watching soppy chick flicks and pretty much anything with a happy ending.

I feel satisfied as I wave my husband off to his ward, in a shirt that hugs his upper body like a glove and head off to meet Ming for our shift together. On the way, I take a naughty glance at his buff muscles showing through his short sleeved shirt, proud of my man, Mr Kongthanin.