~Chapter 2~

*Naomi Knight's POV*

I was sitting at the table, about to eat my chocolate chip pancakes and my puppy runs into my legs and I giggle. Her name was Melly, I took her literally everywhere. I loved her so much, she was one of a kind and had always had a natural funny personality. I could speak to her and we could understand each other. Melly my dog told me she was hungry and I giggled. Melly wasn't any ordinary dog of course. She eats human food like me and she doesn't eat dog food.

Melly may look and act like a puppy but she is actually 5 years old, she won't age over 5, and she won't die. I take a bit and she growls at me and I snicker at her.

"Don't laugh at me, Naomi. I'm hungry too," Melly said.

"If you so hungry then get your dog stairs and put it up next to the chair and sit on the chair and ask the maids to make you something, Melly," I said.

"Are you serious right now, Naomi? They always make me Oatmeal...," Melly said.

"Ask for something different," I said.

I ate a few more bites and already I was done eating my pancakes. I sat at the table and waiting for Melly to ask the maids to make her something and I was getting tired of waiting so I decided to speak up for her.

"Maids!" I yell and within seconds they are in front of me.

"Yes, Miss Naomi?" They said in unison.

"Get Melly some blueberry pancakes for breakfast and then some more for lunch and get me some chocolate chip pancakes for lunch and do it now before we are late again," I said as an order.

"Right away," They said and curtsied.

"Melly, are you happy now?" I said.

"Yes thank you, Naomi," Melly said.

As I waited for them to make the food I heard David and Matthew laughing in the other room. I cued into them and began to listen...

"I think I love her, David," Matthew said.

"You can't love Naomi, Matthew," David said.

"Why?" Matthew asked.

"Because you know you are now destined to be hers," David said.

"I know she is destined to be with Dimitri Lovardo, but he is a teacher and we all know of the choices he made in the past" Matthew said.

I shivered in pleasure at that name but I haven't met this guy yet. Was this called lust or love and maybe I only wanted him for his blood but I wasn't sure yet. His name felt familiar on my tongue but I hadn't said his name before now when I said his name to myself.

I got off my chair and Melly was already done eating so she started to follow me. I walked into the room that David and Matthew were still in and they were laughing but stopped when I had walked in. I needed to know who this Dimitri Lovardo was. Most of all I needed to get to school.

"Matthew, I'm ready to go," I said.

"Melly isn't ready yet..." Matthew said.

I looked down at Melly and she looked normal without any clothes on. Without clothes on she looked like a normal everyday dog. Melly loved clothes but she didn't need them on. We were already late for school. I closed my eyes and concentrated, suddenly a doggy shirt, a doggy skirt, and her diamond laced collar was on Melly.

"There, all her accessories. Now can we please leave?" I asked.

"Sure but do know that we will talk about using your abilities and powers is not a good thing to use around the humans," Matthew said.

"Yup sure whatever," I said as I ran out the front door and to the Convertable and helped Melly into the back and I sat in the front seat.

Matthew got into the driver's seat and closed the door. He put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway. Once we were on the road he put the car in drive and we were headed to school.

(5 Minutes Of Silence Later)

"Matthew, can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You just did," Matthew said with a chuckle.

"I'm serious, Matthew," I said.

"Okay, what do you want to ask me?" Matthew said.

"Who is Dimitri Lovardo?" I asked and I saw him cringe but he didn't answer my question for several minutes.

"I'm not going to answer that question right now, Naomi. You will meet him sooner than you think" Matthew said. 

"Okay, and which college am I attending?" I asked.

"Yale," Matthew said and then he dropped the subject immediately as we drove into the parking lot and then I remember this is my last day of high school and my new life will be beginning soon.